Friday, November 28, 2008

Friday of feast week

So I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving yesterday. I enjoyed eating lots of food, having a few cold ones, actually I went with whisky and coke but whatever, and watching lots of sports. Mostly I watched basketball, mainly because the football games sucked, but even if they were good, I love basketball, so I am going to watch as much as I can. A few things have happened thus far during feast week, one of the best weeks of the year, that I would like to give my thoughts on.


-MSU will be fine, number one, give Maryland credit they played well, and it seemed like most of the game they couldn't miss. But without Suton, Rowe is not 100% yet, and Morgan in foul trouble, plus shooting bad including from the line, you are not going to win. They are a young team and will be fine. They have a tough schedule but this isn't football and Coach Izzo has shown over and over he would rather be 20-11 and know what his team can do, have a great rotation and peak during March, then go 26-4 and not really know anything about his team, and lose in the second round. Of course they are going to the big dance, and I still think it is between them and Purdue for the big ten title, so they will be fine. Of course it would be nice to win some of these early games, but yesterday just wasn't there day.

-Gonzaga did what they had to do to beat OK state, and know I am looking forward to watching that game here in a little bit today. I like MSU and Gonzaga, so at least now I don't have to pick, I can cheer for the Zags the rest of this tourney.

-Tenn played very well, in a great game with G-town today, they are still going to be tough to beat in the sec.

-UNC is just loaded, I mean ND is a good team, and they got rolled

- I wonder who is going to be the 5th player on the all american team, if I had to pick, the 4 locks are Curry, Blake Griffen, psycho t, and L Harrengody, the question, who will be number 5, Ty Lawson, Pat Mills, Aj Price. What do you think? Right now, I think it is going to be Lawson, he does do so much for that team, I know Price is good, and Uconn will be very good, so it will be hard not too have a huskie on there, but we shall see.

-I just love college basketball, I'm sorry, I want to write more about it right now, but Purdue-OK is on, so I better get going, I don't want to miss anymore of that game.


Real quick, my chippewa football team lost 56-52 to emu today, now a few things you should know, emu is bad, and as now beaten us 4 out of 5 years, it was their last game for their coach, who was fired earlier this week. Our defense is really bad. we gave up 56 points, just so you know, earlier this year, our BASKETBALL team gave up 53 points in a win at Princeton, and really only gives up 60 points or less a game. So our football defense gives up more points then our basketball defense.. never a good thing. The only reason we are 8-4 is one, we play in the mac, lets be honest, and two, our offense is very good, and can score on anyone. Only 17 vs UGA, but that isn't too bad. We should have won today, and were 40 seconds away from beating Purdue, but that is how close you can be from having a great 10-2 season, and having a 8-4 season, that you feel bad about. They have still come a long long way from the time they were 5-7 or 4-8 like they were when I got to school there in the fall of 01 So I do remain a very proud graduate. I just feel bad for the sr's. Especially, those that I know still personally, manily Brain Brunner, our backup qb, who deserved to go out better. In fact the only time we beat emu the last 5 years, was in 06, when he came in and won the game for us. OK, sorry for that tangent, now back to watching college basketball. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: