Monday, December 7, 2009

Big win for my G--men, Bowl games, and other weekend stuff

The Giants got a big win yesterday at home against the hated Cowboys. Keeping them one game back in the NFC east, and they have beaten Dallas twice. They are 3-1 in the East with Phil at home and at the skins still to go. I feel good about their playoff chances but I don't feel that great about them making a run in the playoffs. But I still want them to get there, because once you are in, you never know what will happen. It was nice to see Brandon Jacobs actually do something yesterday, I have been waiting all year. He needs to keep doing it. That was a great win to make up for the bad game on Thanksgiving against Denver which ruined my Holiday.

The Steelers lost again, this time to the Raiders.. again I say, the NFL makes zero sense.

The Cards looked good last night, and it is always nice to see the Viks and Farve lose, sorry, I just don't want him, I want him to leave, and not come back, for any reason.

The Bowl match ups are set and there are some good ones, and others that you couldn't pay me to watch. Free Show in Bobby Bowden's last game playing WVU, where Bowden use to coach, is a interesting match up. That could be a good game. Texas and Bama play in the national title game, I like Bama in that game, but of course if for the next 6 weeks everyone says that Bama will win and Texas is going to get killed, then they may just come out and have a really good game. Adam Tate agrees with me, so you know it has to be true, sadly for him he is still mourning the fact that Evan Turner got hurt and will miss 8 weeks. OSU has a tough few games coming up as well. Hopefully for them he can be back the first week of February or so and they can still have a nice tournament run. He was a major player of the year candidate and it is too bad he got hurt, he is a stud. BSU and TCU got jabbed big time having to play each other in a bowl. If the Bama/Texas winner really wants to gain respect they will offer to play the winner of that game the next week and if they win, they will give them the national title. This could happen, just get a field, pay some refs, and sell tickets, I promise a TV station will pick it up. Of course if Cinci beats FL, which they will not, they too could be in this game. But the Gators are going to put up 50 against that defense, and Pike and friends may put up 35 against FL, if that. There are many more good bowl match ups but I have lots of time to talk about that in the next few weeks. I do think it is funny MSU plays Texas Tech without two of their best 3 WR, and without a starting CB, especially considering they already can't stop the pass, good thing they are not playing a team that passes a lot, oh wait, never mind. This lead to this exchange via text with me and my best friend Scott, who is a MSU grad.

Scott: CMU Beats MSU, but at least we still get a Bowl game.
ME: yeah against Tech who throws a lot, they may put up 50
Scott: yeah but then we will set their campus on fire and loot their stores so I bet tech holds a respectful 17 point cushion.

MSU fans everyone.. you got to love them.

CMU got ranked this weekend, they are 25th. They won their 3rd conference title in 4 years, which is great, sadly they just got Troy in the GMAC bowl, because ND pussied out and didn't want to play in a bowl... which is dumb, cause they could use the extra practice time, even if BK isn't there yet to coach them.. I was a little wrong about that, I thought as soon as he wasn't in the national title game he would be there.. so maybe he is meeting with them now, and the announcement will come soon. But I would like to thank Clemson, Houston, and USC loosing to open up those spots for CMU. So thanks to them.

That is all for now, I will be waiting for Chad T to do some serious roasting of this and all of my spelling and grammar mistakes. I must also do some, key word some, work before noon ball and lunch. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: