Monday, December 28, 2009

Things were going well....until

I had a great Birthday, dec 22, it started with the Giants playing the best half I have seen in the NFL in a long time, sure the Skins suck, but long TD drive, 3 and out, long TD drive, 3 and out, Long FG drive, 3 and out, Long TD drive, one 1st down, missed fake FG, half.. is damn good. Then Yesterday happened. The Giants come out and lay a egg in the last game at Giants Stadium and get killed by the Panthers, who had nothing to play for 41-9. Then the Cowboys won and the Giants, despite starting the year 5-0 will not make the playoffs this year. Now, I can not tell you how sad this makes me, and how much it ruined my day yesterday, but I do always try to be positive, since life is too short not to, so at least this way they will not get my hopes up, only to get killed in the playoffs, get a better draft pick, and they were playing without a few starters. The WR question really has been answered, as Hicks is going to be a stud and Steve Smith is a great possession receiver. Jacobs didn't have a good year, and that is cause for concerned, but with a improved passing game that will only help him, and he and Bradshaw are still a very good 1-2 punch. I have to think that this team will be back in the playoffs next year, but that is a long way away, so I will not worry about that right now.

The Pistons got RIP, TA TA, and Gordon back yesterday but still lost to the Raptors for their 7th loss in a row. After being down 19 at halftime, they did a nice job coming back and making a game out of it, and had some chances to win, having Big Ben in at the end when teams are just going to foul him and then him going 2-8 from the line, doesn't really help. However, my expectations for them are low, just make the playoffs, and in the east, I see no reason why they can't get use to having their guys back now and make the playoffs.

Meyer was done, now he is just taking some time off. I hope things work out for him, and there is nothing to wrong with his health. You coach at FL, you are loaded with athletes, relax. It's the coach at Louis-Monroe who plays him that should be the worried one.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and I wish everyone a happy new year, tomorrow I will be doing my top ten best and worst sports stories/moments of the year. Note: I know the decade is also over and a lot of people will be doing stuff like that, but I don't have time, my two year old, my wife, and my job keep me busy enough. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: