Monday, December 14, 2009

good day, bad night

Yesterday was great and bad for me. CMU Basketball had a big win over South Florida on the road. Now it is true that South Fl was without their leading scorer, and they are not a great big east, or they are one of the worst, right their with Depaul. So that was great, and hopefully the guys, now at 4-5 and keep the momentum going. It was also bad for me though because the Giants lost to Phi despite putting up 38 points. If you would have told me before the game that the Giants would score 38 points I would be so happy cause I thought it would be a big easy win. But nope, not the case. Fumble recovering for a TD, a punt return for a TD, just too many mistakes. Eli slide feet first please, so you don't hit the ground and fumble, that would be great. The defense has some injuries but they need to stop any offense better then that. Now Phil will win the division and the Giants need to win a wild card if they want to make the playoffs. With 3 games remaining they have to beat the skins and Panthers and then lets hope the Viks have the 2nd seed clinched, and can't catch the Saints, and the Viks rest their guys, and the Giants in a must win, and they win out and go 10-6 and win a wild card. That is my dream, that is my hope, and I will have faith.

The Pistons and Wings are both playing better. Pistons have won 5 in a row, and RIP even came back, so that was nice to see. I keep telling people, they will make the playoffs, and I stand by my 6 seed pick, as of now. Wings will get some guys back and make the playoffs, and then they can beat anyone.

Congrats to MSU for not having any football player arrested over the weekend, way to go guys.

Congrats to Mark Ingram for winning the Heisman, even though Suh should have won, since he was the best college football player, but oh well. Congrats to Mark, who did go to Flint Southwestern, so SVL love.

Another good weekend of College Basketball, again John Wall is still sick, and NBA/NHL and of course the NFL. GVSU almost won another D2 national title but couldn't get it done, after being down big early.

CMU has a lot of unrest going on right now since Coach Jones has come up in many different schools search for a new coach. With Marshall being the school that has come up the most. Cinci is also something that has come up. But I don't think that will happen. I just don't think you want to be the guy who keeps following BK to every job he goes to. You do good, it's cause of his players, and if you don't, you are a step down. I really hope he stays, but conference USA is better then the MAC as far as national level, and it is more money, so we shall see. But I really hope he stays, hopefully we will know soon, since at least then we can move on, we have a bowl to get ready for, and a good recruiting class in the works. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: