Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday Top ten (dec 15 )

Another Tuesday, lets do another Tuesday Top Ten, the year is almost over and a top ten best and worst sports moments/stories are coming but today, lets do the top ten bowl match ups this year. ( I will not put in CMU-Troy since I know no one cares about that bowl game besides me and other CMU fans)


1) Texas-Bama- It has to be number one because it is for the national title, plus you have the whole Heisman winner going against a Heisman finalist and, and Colt came back to win a national title, and now he is one game away. The mighty SEC against the big 12, who will win. Pick: Texas 28 Bama 24

2) WVU-FSU- I have this game this high because of Bowden's last game, I am intrested to see what happenes. Pick FSU 28 WVU 17

3) da U-Wisconsin- This game to me could be a great one. You have Wisconsin who has a great record, but truthfully no really good wins, who is a power team who runs the ball and plays good defense, then you got the U, athletic, quick, strong, fast, and earier this year, they looked to be BCS bound. Well even though they had some tough losses, I still like this to be a very good game. Pick: Da U 24 Wis 17

4) TCU-BSU- I wish these teams got to show what they were made up against BCS team, but oh well. This should be a great game, but now that Boise doesn't get to play a bowl game at home, can they win. Pick: TCU 35 BSU 21

5) UGA Tech-Iowa- This game is interesting to me for a few reasons, one it is also interesting to see how big ten teams play in bowl games, since lets be honest the last few years have not been good and they have taking a hit as a conference overall. Some feel, Adam Tate for one, that the big ten has some good bowl match ups this year, besides MSU, who is playing Texas Tech, the worst match up for them, a team that throws the ball, so we will see how the big ten does this year. The other reason is UGA Tech's offense, lets see what happens when a team has a full month to do nothing but prepare for the triple option. Should be a good game. Pick: UGA Tech 24 Iowa 21

6) Fl-Cinci- Why this game is on the list? cause I can't wait to watch Fl put up 60 points on Cinci's defense. They can't stop anyone, now they play a Fl team that just laid a big time egg in the SEC title game, aka BCS championship semi final, and it will be Tim Tebow's last game. I don't like Fl and I don't like Tebow, but I also have no love lost for Cinci. Will Jeff Quinn be able to do it again, and step in once BK leavs and coach a team to a bowl win like he did for CMU 3 years ago. The bad news for Jeff, he isn't coaching a more talented CMU team against Middle Tenn State at Ford Field, which is like a home game for CMU, he is coaching Cinci against the defending national champs in a game in SEC country, good luck Jeff. Pick: Fl 56 Cinci 31

7) OSU-Oregon- Not to upset my friend Adam Tate, because he is a good guy, but I worry about his OSU team in this one. There will be a lot of pressure on them to actually win a big game, and it is a great chance for them to make a statment, and say to the world, "hey we don't suck." Well Oregon doesn't either. the big ten needs this win bad, but I'm sorry, I don't see it. I hope I'm wrong. Pick: Oregon 31 OSU 21

8) Nebraska-Zona- Two very good defenses, this might not be a high scoring game, but that doesn't mean it will not be exciting. Pick Nebraska 14 Zona 10

9) Air Force-Houston- Why you ask? Air Force runs a lot, Houston's D doesn't stop the run, Houston throws a lot, and puts up big numbers against anyone, then you got the fact that Houston is a little upset about how they played in their conference title game, and you have what I think will be a good game to watch. but I have been wrong before. The biggest problem if Houston gets on them early, Air Force does not throw well enough to get back in the game, they just run so much.. of course if they can run a lot, keep the ball and Houston's offense off the field, maybe, they have a chance, but I don't see it. Pick: Houston 38 Air Force 24

10) Clemson-Kentucky- I don't think you can go wrong here. Two good teams, with good fan bases who usually travel well, especially to this bowl. I have been to both places and the people were very very nice, so I like both teams and wish them well. CJ Spiller is always worth tuning in for, and each team didn't have as successful season as they would have hoped and want to end it on a better note. Clemson lost a tough one in the ACC title game, and any bowl for them, like the big ten is a chance to make a statement about the conference as a whole, especially against the SEC, who the national media swings from their nuts on a daily basis. Basically the second or third best ACC team needs to beat the 5th or 6th best SEC team for anyone to take them seriously. Should be a great Sunday night match up on December 27. Pick: Clemson 28 Kentucky 21

Let me know what you think will be the best bowls. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: