Monday, February 22, 2010

Caveman OF and Ryan F ing Miller

USA beating Canada last night in Hockey 5-3 was great. It was a great game and Ryan Miller played great, but all of this 1980 stuff needs to stop. I know today is the 30Th anv of that so people are going to want to talk about it, but last night isn't even close... actually it is, since both by themselves really don't mean anything. While last night was a great win, it doesn't really matter, unless the US team continues to play well and medals.. maybe even the gold, with the confidence that they are playing with right now. I personally think this will refocus team Canada, who already made the move to bench Martie for R Luongo (sp?), so maybe they are panicking instead of focusing. Anyway, it will be fun to watch this next week to see how team USA responds to people talking about them, and people thinking they can win. Likewise the 1980 win over Russia was great, and still one of the biggest upsets of all time in any sport but if the team didn't go on to beat Findland for the gold a few days later I don't think it would be remembered even close to the same way it is remembered now. Look at all the great upsets that happen in the first round of the NCAA Basketball tournament, they are big for that week, but then we move on. The same thing will happen if team USA losses their next game, and doesn't medal. It was great to beat Canada at their sport, in Canada, but now the real work begins.

The Tigers signed Jonny Damon to a one year 8 million dollar deal and I would know like to play both sides of it, if I may.. thanks:

Good:
It gives the Tigers a left handed bat, who can lead off, or bat second in the line up, which Leyland has said he will start him at, can DH and play a little LF, and is a great veteran leader in the lockeroom, who has rings and knows how to win. Plus it's only a one year deal, so if it doesn't work out, the contract comes off the books when all the other big deals do, with bondo d train, nate, ect, and you can start again.

Bad:
Why let Poly walk, trade Granderson and Jackson, because it looks like you are trying to save money, then pay a 36 year old who is a big defensive liability 8 million dollars, when no one else was offering that much.


I do like the deal though, and I think it will help the Tigers to CONTEND in the Central, if I had to pick right now, I think the White Sox will win the Central, Sadly, god I hope I'm wrong.


UCONN beat WVU tonight because the game was at UCONN, where at home they are a very good team, on the road, they can't beat anyone.. .go figure. They will get in to the tournament for a few reasons.. one, their name, and two they play in the big east. Their biggest problem will be that they can't play those games at home.. sorry.


MSU lost again yesterday as even with the flu Evan Turner showed how good he is. I know John Wall is sick, but if you have a good pg, especially a young one, say the bulls, horents, Minn, Memphis, and of course playoff teams like the Jazz and Celtics, why would you not draft Turner even if you had the first pick. He really is that good, and can do it all.. I am going to laugh when the Clippers take Cousins or Favors over him.. just watch it happen. MSU can still get at least a share of the big ten title if they beat Purdue at Purdue... but I don't see that happening. Really besides beating Wisconsin and Gonzaga at home they do not have any other good wins. Plus they lost to FL, and UNC and Texas, who both have fallen off a lot lately.

I am surprised how bad Michigan has been this year, I mean, wow. I love coach B and hope next year will be better, I think it will, I mean it can't get much worse.

It's getting to be that time of year, where college basketball really takes over... I love it.. also high school basketball, only a few more weeks before playoffs start and my mp boys go for our 5th district title in a row, and hopefully beyond... then AAU starts.. I love it. Just a reminder you can email me questions anytime about anything, and it will appear in my next mail bag. schwa1sa@cmich.edu I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: