Wednesday, February 3, 2010

You don't just walk in to the Kohl Center........

John Corwin, who works at CMU and is a big Wisconsin fan has this famous line, that he first said a couple of months ago while we were talking about MSU and Wisconsin hoops, since we do have a good deal of MSU fans in the office. John put it best, "You don't just walk in to the Kohl center and get a win." Coach Izzo and MSU found that out again last night, and now with Lucas getting hurt they have a hard road ahead. Hopefully his ankle will be ok and he can get back, because they still have to go to ILL, To Purdue, and play Purdue and OSU at home. Plus without Lucas, at IU and at PSU is not gimmes. I still think MSU will be fine, and they will hold on to win the big ten. Don't count out a coach Izzo team.

National signing day is today, in fact I am about to head to the press conference here at CMU at 3. I don't get really crazy about it, like a lot of people do for two reasons: 1) CMU is not covered on a national scale, and I know that is because no one but CMU grads care, so I don't really need to watch EPSN all day and 2) I personally feel that all of the recruiting stuff, as far as rankings and number of stars is very very very, what the hell one more, very overrated. All I have to do is look at Dan L, our qb, who will be drafted and was just the offensive MVP of the SR bowl, and has more TD's then any player in college football history, ever, wasn't a 4 star stud recruit, when he signed no CMU fans were so pumped, thinking, yes, this is the guy who will win ous 3 MAC titles, and get us to 4 bowl games. You can't really rate a recruiting class until 3 years after. That is all that really matters. In saying that, it's still a fun day.

I'm sure there is other things to talk about, but I can't think about it right now, and I'm off to watch the press conference of the 2010 CMU football recruiting class. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: