Monday, April 5, 2010

One of the best days of the year

Opening day and the national title game, if this isn't the best sports day of the year, it is right up there, that is for sure. You also have the NHL and NBA season winding down so games actually matter now for playoff reasons.

Final Four:

Butler shoots 24% from the field in the second half, Howard is in foul trouble, Mack was cramping and barley played the second half, sounds like MSU won by double digits.

MSU has Morgan, Roe, Green, and Allen in foul trouble. They throw the ball all over the gym, and have 7 team fouls before the under 12 of the second half, sounds like Butler won by double digits.

Instead it was Butler by 2, in yet another great, close game by MSU in the tournament. Even without Lucas, and Allen and Roe hurt, and all the foul trouble, and all the turnovers, and missing free throws, and lay ups, MSU still had the ball down one with 23 seconds to go. I thought they would win it. I would take Izzo in that spot any day of the week, and I still would. I think they could have gotten a little better look, and maybe Green was fouled, maybe not, but the bottom line is, they missed way too many free throws, lay ups and had way too many turnovers to win that game. Butler is a good team, and Haywood is a great player, and it was a great game. MSU had a great season, and made a great run, and should be even better next year, which is scary, but with Morgan being really the only SR who does anything, and a top 5 class coming in with 3 top 100 guys, you got to like their chances to be in the big ten title and final four hunt again next year.

Duke had too much for WVU, already playing without their starting PG, and then their best player tears his ACL in the second half, be it they were already down like 12 or 13 at the time, but still. I don't see Duke loosing, they have those 3 SRs and Coach K, that will be enough. But I wouldn't be shocked if Butler would win, nothing shocks me anymore in this tournament. Butler is good, and the crowd will be rocking,but I don't see it. I will be cheering for Butler, but I think Duke will win.


The Tigers and Cubs, my AL and NL teams, both play at 4pm which gives me a chance to do my opening day tradition of watching Major League before the first game I watch each year. I know the Yanks and Sox played last night, and I did watch a little of that, but today is the real start to the season. I am looking forward to a good year, I like my 4 fantasy baseball teams to compete all year, and I think the Tigers will be in it all year, and I think the Cubs could be in the wild card race all year, as well. That's the best part of this time of year, everyone has a chance, well unless you are a pirate, kc, blue jay, Nats, or O's fan. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: