Friday, April 2, 2010

It's almost time

Tomorrow the final four gets underway and all the talk and hype can stop. I am very much looking forward to both games, and I think both games will be very good.

Butler-MSU- The first game of the night, with a 6:07 tip will feature Butler, the hometown favorite, from 6 miles away, and MSU, in it's second straight final four, and 6th in 12 years under Coach Izzo. There is no question the place will be packed and they will be a lot of Butler fans, but don't be shocked to see a lot of green there as well. Indy is still only about 4-5 hrs away from Lansing, and I expect a lot of people to be rocking their green and white. Butler will have the most fans of the four teams, but I think MSU will be second. I think MSU will wear down Butler, especially inside. If Howard gets in foul trouble, look out. Butler is not some feel good Cinderella, they are a very good team, but they do not have a lot of inside guys, and MSU with Nix, Roe, Morgan, Green, plus Sherman and those guys, have lots of bodies to bang down low and rebound. I think both teams will want a slower game, and I think this game will be played in the 60's. I like Brad Stevens I think he is a good coach, but I will take Izzo in this match up all day. MSU wins 67-60.

Duke-WVU- I can't believe the two teams that I picked to come out of the bracket on this side actually did and are playing each other. I picked Duke to win the game before the tournament, and with WVU's starting pg still hurt, and very unlikely he will play, I am sticking with them. Two great coaches, and two good teams, but again I will take Coach K over huggy bear any day of the week. Not that he is a bad coach, but Coach K is one of the best all time, and hasn't been back to a final four in awhile, 2004, and I don't think he plains on being one and done. Duke wins 75-68.

There was a lot of good dunks in the college dunk contest last night, I saw some sweet things, that I have never seen before. The bad part about it was they used all their good dunks up and then in the later rounds, guys missed dunks, and basically you won by just making a dunk, but it was still about 1,500,000 times better then the NBA dunk contest this year.

Opening day is right around the corner so I really should be talking about baseball, but I have been in such a basketball mode, I haven't done it yet, so I will wait, and do it either tomorrow before the games, or on Sunday. What a great time of year, weather has been great here the last week or so, it's been over 80 the last two days, record highs for Michigan, the Wings are playing very well right now, won again last night, for I believe their 7th win in a row, final four is this weekend, plus baseball opening day, and AAU is underway with our first tournament the 16-18 of April. Then right away that, you have the NFL draft... yes this is my favorite time of year.. not to mention next weekend is the Masters, and I hear this guy named Tiger Woods is going to play in it. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: