Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What a game!!! WOW!!!!

The last college basketball game of the year was also the best. That doesn't happen a lot. In a tournament where there were a lot of great games Duke and Butler saved the best for last. Two good teams, two great coaches, one who is one of the all time greats, and the other a young and up and coming coach, who has to be the hottest coach in the nation, as far as other jobs. He looks 15, and he is only 33, and this is his 3 year of coaching Butler, and coaching them at a high level. They are not some mid major feel good story, they are a very good team, with good players. A school that cares about basketball in a state that lives and dies for it. They did not get a great game from Mack, and Haywood, and even with Howard in foul trouble they still had a chance. A very good chance. I thought that shot was in when it left his hand, he got a great look. We were literally inches away from having the national title won on a bank in buzzer beater from half court... wow. How can anyone not love college basketball? really? I want to know. If you don't like college basketball, tell me why. Such a great tournament and a great game.

Congrats to Butler for a wonderful year, and tournament, you have nothing to be sorry about.

Congrats to Duke, and Coach K and ast Coach Craig James, who I got to meet both of them this year, due to Trey Zeigler, and they both were very nice and very cool to talk to. I will always be thankful to Coach K for signing my book. You can tell why he was won 4 national titles and been to 12 or 13 final fours. He does things the right way. He is respectful to everyone he meets and is not just a great coach, but a great person.


Baseball also started for most teams yesterday with a good game, and a bad game for me. The Cubs, my Nl team, started off good, up 3-0 in the top of the 1st, only to give up 6 in the bottom of the 1st on their way to a really bad lose. 13-5 or something like that, it was bad. The Tigers were down 4-2 when they got Zach G out of the game for KC, and ended up having a 6th run 7th inning and won 6-4. Great first game of the year, Joel Zumaya looked good, and got the win, a very positive sign for the Tigers. I really feel they will be in the race all year with the White Sox, who rolled over the Tribe, and the Twins. Should be a run summer.

Pistons only have a few more games left this year, thank god. A year to quickly forget, and move forward from.

Wings have clinched a playoff spot for a all pro sport record 17 years in a row now. No matter what seed they get, 4-6, they will be a tough out. It's almost playoff bread time... I think I will actually participate this year.. why not. I will save off my goatee right before the playoffs start, and then not shave until the Wings are out of it. I also hope the Devils, I was born in New Jersey, will have a great run in the east.


Tigers Woods talked about at the Masters.. big deal, just play golf... that's all I care about. What he does outside the game is up to him, and his family, I don't care.

Lots going on, it's a great time of year. UCONN-Stanford tonight for the ladies college championship. UCONN will win, but I think Stanford can hang around and only lose by 15 or so. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: