Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Well then.... That will work

Game 7 in the NHL playoffs, back and forth, tight one goal games, ending in overtime, one team moves on, one teams season is over, everyone is standing the entire game, tension is high, OR..... Wings come out and totally dominate the game from start to finish and win 6-1. What a statement, I only hope they can keep this going. PHX played hard all series, and played well, until last night, and deserve credit and most of their players earned my respect, but the Wings are too good, and have too much experience. Now the bad news, the Wings have a quick turn around and have to go to San Jose for a game on Thursday against the 1st place Sharks. The good news, the Wings are 3-0-1 on the season against the Sharks. I think even being a little tired the Wings will win Thursday night, then lose game 2, wings games 3,5 and 6 to win the series. Good things the Wings are 4-1 on games on any day but Sunday. Those Sunday afternoon games have been tough, and they are 0-2 in those games. I feel very good about their chances though after last night.

Tigers lost 2-0 to the Twins last night, so it wasn't a totally great day in sports for me. The Tigers will be very frustrating this year I think. They will not be totally bad, but they will not be really good either. They are just good enough to stay in it for the entire season, but not good enough to win the division IMO, of course, I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am.

As much as I hate the new draft format I am happy with who my Giants got. I feel they addressed some needs and got some guys who can help right away. I didn't think they were going to go with JPP with Morgan still there, plus one of the best, if not the best guards in the draft still there at 15, but I am ok with it. he is an athletic freak and I believe he will be able to rush the QB, and he will have a good year because he will come from the weak side.

The Lions are making good free agent moves, good trades, and drafting the right guys, I don't even know who they are anymore.

Cavs and Celtics moved on last night. They now will be playing each other. It has been nice to see PP start playing like a elite player but the Celtics are too old up front to beat the Cavs, not that the Cavs are young at the center spot, but Lebron will get to the basket at will, if he is smart, and the Cavs will win that series. I will cheer for the Celtics though because KG, Sheed, and Jesus Shuttlesworth are all players I like, and even though I love Shaq, I like no one else on the Cavs.

Kobe and the Lakers decided to show up last night against the Thunder to take a 3-2 lead. The only question, will they do so again in OKC. I say they do and win the series in 6. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: