Thursday, May 20, 2010

2-0 times 4

4 conference finals in the playoffs right now, and all 4 are 2-0. Interestingly enough in each sport, NHL and NBA, have one series with the home team winning both games, the Lakers and Fylers respectively, and one series when the road team won both games, the Celtics and Blackhawks. In the NHL I think there is no question that the Blackhawks will win, the Sharks are just not there mentally, as much as I don't like the Blackhawks they will win. The Fylers are on a big time roll, but I do hope the feel good Habs make a series out of it. I think they will, they already have come back from 3-1 against the one seed, and 3-2 against the defending champs, so they can do it. That place will be rocking.

As for the NBA, The Lakers have done what they are suppose to do. Win the first two games at home. Even though the Suns lost big in game 1, and by 12 last night, I think they still feel they can win the series. They are wrong, but at least they believe it. The Lakers are just too good, too deep, and too talented. I think the Suns will get at least one win, but they will not win the series. The Celtics have won both games on the road and now come back home. The Magic are in big trouble, even if they win won of the games in Boston they still will go back home down 3-1. I think that is what will happen. The NBA will make sure there are no sweeps at this point, since they don't want to long of a layoff leading up to the NBA finals between the Celtics and the Lakers, which should be great. Even though the Lakers are great the Celtics play good defense and like the Lakers they have several guys who could go off on any given night, that should be a great 6 or 7 game series.

Verlander pitched very well last night as the Tigers beat the A's. The Tigers are going to be there till the end, I still don't see them winning the Central, but I hope I am wrong.

The Pistons stuck where they were suppose to be in the draft lottery, and got the 7th pick. I am a few weeks away before focusing on the draft, and I will be doing a NBA mock draft, but either way, there are players in the top 10 that can help them. It is too bad they didn't make that late season run or they would be where the 76ers are and picking second. I am glad the NBA rewarded the Wiz for having players pull guns on each other and give them the number one pick. John Wall to DC.

One last thing, the Hanley R situation was something I didn't like for a few reasons, one, he is on my fantasy team, and two, you hate to see a guy not try as hard as he can, and then worse not think it is a big deal, and bad mouth his manager, I am glad he said he was sorry, and he can make people forget about it, by playing hard and putting up good numbers.I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: