Friday, May 14, 2010

And so it begins..

The conference finals in the NBA are now set, but most of the talk between now and July 1st when the free agent signing period begins will be about Lebron and the rest of the free agents and where they may go. Today the Hawks fired their coach, despite a 50 win season, and making the second round of the playoffs, and the Cavs fired Mike Brown, though they won 61 games and had the best record in the east. His firing doesn't really surprise me for two reasons, one; of course they are going to bring in any coach that Lebron wants in hoping that they can keep him, and two; if you coach a team that gives up the way his team did, really in games 3, 4 and 5, clearly you need to go. I personally don't think he is a very good coach, but he will get another job somewhere, and I think Woodsen well as well. The NBA coaching changes is just dumb. The fact is there are only a few great coaches out there, and only one team can win a title each year, sometimes getting to the conference finals or second round every year and winning 50+ games is good.. Trust me, if you keep changing coaches because you want to take that "next step" your team will turn in to the pistons this year, a 20-25 win team that on most nights are so bad you can't even remember the last time they were good, even if it was only two years ago.

I think Lebron is gone, I thought he would stay, but the way he played in game 4 and 5 to me showed me he needs a change, unless that was just his way to get Brown fired, and the team to bring in some better pieces around him that fit better. The question is does he go to the Knicks or the Bulls, I don't see the Nets, or any other team having a chance, but we shall see. There is a lot to be done before then. You have to think he will be first and then everyone else will fall where they may. I see 0% chance Joe Johnson is back in the ATL and Bosh is back in Canada, but most of those others guys, Amare, Boozer, Dirk, Dwade, I wouldn't be shocked if they stay where they are. July 1st here we come... in the meantime, other people might forget but we have the Lakers vs the Suns and the Magic vs the Celtics to see who will play for a title. I have the Lakers winning in 6, and the Celtics winning in 6. Lakers beat Celtics in 5 in the NBA finals, Kobe finals MVP.

We have a game 7 tonight in the SC playoffs, as the Fylers once down 3-0, has forced a game 7. I think Boston will hold on, but they have a lot of pressure on them now not to lose this series after having a 3-0 lead. Another big night for Boston sports fans. The Red Sox start a series against the Tigers tonight, I hope the Tigers can continue playing well and do what they just did to the Yanks to the Sox. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: