Tuesday, December 2, 2008

week 13 NFL wrap up.. and other thoughts

well I only went 10-6 this week, bringing me to 120-72-1 on the year. I should have went with my Jets pick, as I said, it screams let down game, and I wouldn't be surprised if Denver won, should have went with it, oh well. Anyway, a few quick thoughts;

-I was so wrong about the Chargers and Jags it isn't even funny, and the Saints too, but the Chagrers and Jags more, I mean who saw that coming. Did Merriman mean that much to their defense. It is clear LDT is done being LDT, and now is just a good back at best, and that happens, but they are just bad. I am shocked by that, but I guess that's the NFL

-The Lions need to beat the Viks this week, or it may not happen for them. I am getting more and more on board with the 0-16, I just think with some of the close games they have had, they will win one, but maybe not. I kind of hope they don't, it will be funny. especially after their 4-0 preseason that got all their fans pumped, ha.

-Plax, Plax, Plax... listen, I love you, ok, I do, I have cheered for you for a long time, I watched a lot of your college games at MSU, before I was a college student, and MSU was my favorite school, and when the Giants got you I was so happy. We had some great times, but know this, no one player is bigger then the team, or the league. I am glad you are ok, but that is just dumb of you to do. I will quick steal a line from Chris Rock.
"Don't go to parties with Mendel dictators, sure it feels self inside, but what about all those n*ggas waiting outside with guns.. they know you ant got one."
well Plax, if you think you need a gun to be safe places, it might not be the best place for you to go. Just something to think about. How quick a fall. From catching the game wining TD in the super bowl, signing a big contract extension and then this happens, he may go to jail, he has already been suspended by the Giants for the season, and by no means will they take him back, I would be shocked. Hixon is playing great, smith and moss are still young, plus we drafted mario mannignham in the 2nd round last year, plus if tyre comes back. Yeah Toomer is old, but we have a good receiving core, we don't need you. You are a great player, one of my favorites actually, but we can win with out you, which we have shown. The Giants won games without you Plax, and they will win many more after you are gone. I just hope you figure that out, and you stay safe. I wish you well.

Quick note.. I need a Jacobs jersey now, xmas list folks, I need one, since my giants jersey now are LT, witch of course I can always wear, Lavar, I'm so sorry, my bad, shockey, who is now gone, and Plax, who is about to be gone. So that leads me with needing a Jacobs jersey, if anyone wants to get me one, that would be great, XL please.

-Duke-Purdue tonight should be a great one. Because the game is at Purdue I really think they are going to win. This is Duke's first true road game, and first real test of the year, lord knows the big ten needs some wins vs the ACC and this is a great chance to get one.

-Gonzaga-Tenn on Sunday was a lot of fun. The Zags are good, and I don't mean, mid major good, I mean final four chances good. They are loaded, and well coached, and still play like their are the underdogs in every game, that is a scary combination.

-Is it funny that UNC is number 1 in the guys polls and Uconn is number 2, where in the women's polls Uconn is number one, and UNC is number two... just thought I would share, if no one else saw that.. don't really know if it means anything, besides this is a great time to be a student at one of those schools.. you get to watch some great basketball.

-Did I mention if you need to have a gun to feel safe, you shouldn't go to that place

-MSU-UNC tomorrow. I wish I was going, but since the boss has her last grad class that night I will be watching it at home, MSU has a chance, they are a good team, but UNC is just so loaded. I really don't see UNC losing a big game, I think there only losses, if they have any, which I think they will, college basketball is just too hard to go undefeated the whole way and win a national title, IU in 76, is against teams that are not good, and just shoot the 3 ball well that game, get some guys in foul trouble and UNC comes out not ready to play and misses shots. Against better teams, I think they will be ready to go. Plus it isn't at MSU, it's at ford field, so sure there will be a lot of people there, but it isn't a true on campus home court advantage.

-Texas/OK, real quick, just cause a lot of talk about this has been happening the last few days. People wonder how can Texas beat OK and be below them, well OK also beat cinci who is the big east champ, and TCU who is a top 15 team in their non conference, who did Texas play. I am actually surprised more people haven't brought that up. If both teams played the same schedule and each had one loss, sure the team who won head to head should go, but there are so many other factors. Plus tech beat texas, and OK beat tech by over 40. Again, the big problem will be, if Mizzu wins, cause then does texas, who doesn't even make their conference title game go to the national title game over a team like USC who won their conference.. all hell would break lose then... who needs a playoff, this is so much fun. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: