Monday, September 7, 2009

Getting Caught up

Busy weekend and there is a lot to get to, I am going to quickly touch on some of it. First I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I had a great time with my two favorite girls at Higgins lake, and got to see some sports in between being out on the water, and spending some time with the family. So here we go.

Oregon-BSU- BSU is a good team, give Oregon credit for going on the road to play them. Also give first year coach Chip Kelly credit for suspending his best player for the year. I think that was too much, I thought it should have been in the one to three game range. Plus the BSU player should get a game for starting it. Though you do need to have more control then that, and I thinkt the fact that he then punched his own player, and then tried to go after some fans didn't help, he can say he is sorry all he wants, but the video has already been shown 1,000 times, so that will be tough to get over. Hopefully he will do what he needs to do, stay in shape and still get drafted to have a chance in the NFL.

CSU-CU- For the 2nd year in a row a game that I don't really care about had something that was worth watching, last year it was back to back kick off returns for touchdown's, this year, it was one of the biggest hits I have seen in awhile, that poor kid from Colorado got JACKED UP. If you haven't seen it yet, you should.

Uofm/ND/Tenn- Yes it is the first game of the year, and they played WMU, Nevada, and WKU, but they also won big, when all 3 teams needed it. You can't find out too much about a team from one week, especially if they are playing cupcakes, but Michigan looked very good, much better then last year, and western isn't suppose to be that bad of a team, they basically laid a egg. Nevada is not a great team, but they are not terrible and ND just destroyed them, and then well Tenn needed a good first game with Kiffen as the new coach, and playing WKU helped, but they still put 63 on the board. We will find out a lot more this week, when ND plays Michigan at the big house. Tenn will also have to prove themselves soon enough too. I am picking Michigan to beat ND, it's a home game, and I think Michigan has brought in to Rich Rod's system and just like in his 2nd year at WVU when he went from 3-8 to 9-3, the same thing could happen this year for Michigan.

Bama- Va Tech- In the one game this week featuring two top ten teams I wasn't that impressed. I didn't see all of it, but I saw enough. Besides Bama's running game, which was great, either team looked like a top 5 team to me. But we will see.

OK-BYU- BYU gets a big win for them, and they are a good team, but that isn't the story. Sam Bradford injury is the story. I hope his shoulder will be ok. That is too bad. I am not a OK fan, and don't really care, but it is too bad when someone goes back to school instead of being the top pick in the draft because he wants another shot at wining a national title and then in the first half of the first game he gets hurt and his team looses, lets be honest, because he got hurt. they lost. Hopefully he will be back in a few weeks, and OK should be good enough to get by, but we will see.

Tigers- my Tigers are rolling, back to back sweeps, and they have won 6 in a row. And 8 of their last 9. The Tribe also beat the Twins 2 out of 3, and the Tigers lead is now 7. Which makes me feel pretty good. It just has the feel of 06, when they got to the World Series that they are never out of a game, and they keep finding ways to win. Yesterday for example they were down 3-1 in the 9th, and the lead off man got out, then they loaded the bases, and Inge hits a grand slam, and they win 5-3. The day before they were down 6-3 and won 8-6. It just has all the sings of it being a good year. That they are going to hold on and win the division, and I think they can make some noise in the playoffs. With Verlander and Jackson as your two aces, plus the offense has been coming around of late, I really like this team's chances.

CMU-Zona- My Chips lost 19-6 at Zona on Saturday night. Not too bad considering it is a road game, out west, at a tough place to play in the PAC 10. If you would have told me our defense would only give up 19 points I would be really happy. But Zona's defense was ready for us, or our offense really struggled. We seem to do this against BCS teams. We don't want to get anyone hurt, or show too much of our offense, since our main goal is still to win the MAC, so all non conference games are just tune ups for that, so we start off Conservative, and then get down, before we open it up a bit to make it close. I didn't think we were going to win, playing out west in the heat, and with that crowd I thought would be too much, but I do think it is a game we could have won. Now we have Michigan State, who looked great, but that could have been because they were playing Montana State. So we will see. I would love nothing more then to beat MSU, but it will be tough, I am very much looking forward to the game.

Oh, here's a question, when was the last time the Pats made a trade where they didn't get a absolute steal. Seymore for a number one pick, sure, Randy Moss for a 4th rounder, why not. This only happens to the Pats. Also, someone tell Merriman to get off the juice, so he stops hitting his girlfriend. I'm right, you're wrong.

2 comments:

cr8zfit said...

Nicely written bro...very informative.

sman said...

oh thanks princess