Saturday, September 19, 2009

NFL week two picks

OK, so it is late, but here it is. Went 13-3 last week, and I will add my picks with my friend Greg's picks too. Since we have a little thing going back and forth.

Carolina at Atlanta
MORRIS: Last week I went out and said Carolina would win. I was wrong. Plus, I am high on Atlanta this season. Atlanta has the man they call TONY G. He is a force at TE. Plus, Jake Delomme wants to go home. Atlanta wins 35-27.
Schwanda: Yeah you were wrong last week, Delomme played terrible, and Atlanta looked good in their win, and they are playing at home, so it should be a easy win…. NOT SO FAST, I like the Panthers to run the ball, control the game, and get a win, 24-17
Minnesota at Detroit
MORRIS: Detroit proved last week they aren’t ready to stop anyone on defense. I am shocked, I mean, they were so good last year at it. They really needed front line help, didn’t get it, and drafted offense players. Same old Lions. Minnesota has All Day. He couldn’t get Ryan a fantasy victory, but he will get Minnesota a victory. By a lot. Minnesota wins 42-17.
Schwanda: I don’t even want to say anything about this game. Minn wins31-10
Cincinnati at Green Bay
MORRIS: Cincinnati is going to be completely horrible. Drinking the Kool-Aide about Cedric Benson is crazy. He might have started out ok, but he wont be good. ITS CEDRIC FREAKING BENSON. Green Bay is good on defense, offense, special teams, kicking, eating cheese. Green Bay wins 35-24.
Schwanda: But what about the best Fantasy back of all time, according to Ryan, oh, he’s bad too, that’s right, go Pack go, Packers win 28-10… how is cinci scoring 24 points Greg.. come on
Houston at Tennessee
MORRIS: Tennessee proves this week they are a solid team. Houston will give a spirited effort, they will make it close for three quarters, but then Tennessee will win with the rushing efforts of Johnson and the Fat Man. Tennessee wins 24-16.
Schwanda: I was high on the Texans this year, and then they played bad week one, I am not giving up on them yet for the season, but for the game, heck yeah, Tenn wins 21-14
Oakland at Kansas City
MORRIS: Oakland looked pretty impressive against San Diego for three quarters. Kansas City looked pretty impressive against Baltimore for three quarters. Now, the two face off in a four quarter game. They will look impressive for three quarters, but that fourth, that’s the wild card. Oakland wins 19-14.
Schwanda: I feel bad for anyone who has to go to or watch this game on TV. I don’t even want to pick a winner, but just to go against Greg, I will take the home team, KC wins 17-14 in the who gives a crap bowl
New England at NY Jets
MORRIS: Don’t teams learn not to call out the Patriots? Obviously, the Jets didn’t learn the many lessons from the last 5 years. So, NY Jets, here is your education. Tom Brady is going to torch them up one side and down. I liked the Jets to win before they started talking, but now, they will lose. NE wins 31-24.
Schwanda: The Jests are not going to win this game, if they talk, if they don’t talk, It doesn’t matter, they played well last week, but last week is done, I am not buying them, Pats win 28-7
New Orleans at Philadelphia
MORRIS: Drew Brees is really good. Mcnabb broke a rib. NO wins 34-28.
Schwanda: That’s true Greg, but what is also true, Philis D is much better then the Lions, and they are playing at home, the Saints are all offense, and philis D is good enough to slow them down enough, Phili wins 24-21
St. Louis at Washington
MORRIS: Washington should be better than they are. They have a good defense. Decent offensive weapons . But they just cant seem to put it all together. St. Louis didn’t show me much last week against a decent Seahawk team. This game could be bad, but I think the Redskins win because Portis has a good game. Washington wins 21-17.
Schwanda: Skins win because Portis has a good game… Greg the Rams are terrible, the Skins will win this game very easily. Skins win 28-10
Arizona at Jacksonville
MORRIS: Arizona looked lost. Jacksonville lost. ABC has a hit show named Lost. Arizona wins but looks lost doing it, AZ wins 24-14
Schwanda: This is almost a coin flip for me, but I will give it to the Jags for a few reasons, one, Greg picked them to lose, two, they are home, and three, that is what will happen, Jags win 24-21
Tampa Bay at Buffalo
MORRIS: Tampa and Buffalo looked better than expected last week. I think TO is going to derail this team by the time its all said and done, and I think it starts this week. Tampa wins 27-17.
Schwanda: The Bills did look much better then I thought they would, and I don’t like the Bucs this year at all, and at home, I will take the Bills 21-17
Seattle at San Francisco
MORRIS: I have a great feeling about both of these teams. I think the 49ers have a great attitude, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them make a run for the NFC West title. They wont win pretty, but they will win. This will be a decent game though. SF wins 21-17.
Schwanda: Nope, not buying it Greg, I don’t think the 49ers will win more then 6 games, and that is being nice. Great first game, this week they take a step back. Seattle will be good, and win that division, unless Warner goes off again. Seattle wins 24-14
Pittsburgh at Chicago
MORRIS: Cutler looked horrendous on Monday night, and I think he is a bad dude. In a bad way. Pitt cant run the ball, they lost the Hawaiian missile. Chicago lost Urlacher. But Pitt is deeper to deal with a loss of a player. This game comes down to the wire. PITT wins 16-10.
Schwanda- Chicago isn’t good. Cutler is a bad fit there, and they will not win more then 6 games this year either. Pitt wins 21-7
Baltimore at San Diego
MORRIS: I don’t trust Norv Turner, but he has a pretty good squad. Baltimore is a great team however, with a load of running backs, a great second year QB, and a solid D. They show San Diego the Ray Lewis dance of victory. BAL wins 24-20.
Schwanda: SD didn’t look good at all last week, but they come home and that should help. I don’t know how solid the Ravens D will be this year, after how many points KC scored on them, but I will chalk that up to one bad game. I do however like SD at home to win 24-21
Cleveland at Denver
MORRIS: Hmm, don’t have a clue. DEN wins 13-9.
Schwanda: I see your don’t have a clue, and raise you a who gives a flying fuck. Denver got lucky to win last week on the road, the Browns return the favor this week, Cleveland wins 14-10
NY Giants at Dallas
MORRIS: Here is how this game is going to go. THE GEEE men come out strong, dominating, showing Dallas how its done. But then, in the second half, Dallas comes roaring back to where a long pass play could tie the game. Romo drops back, throws a Hail Mary, hits the scoreboard, the scoreboard falls, and an earthquake is created. NY wins due to an earthquake. NY wins 24-21.
Schwanda: I would love if that happened, because the Giants would win. I am a little worried about this game, with the first real game at the new stadium, but I have faith, should be a good game, but the Giants will run the ball, control the clock, and Osi and Tuck will be in Tony Homo’s face all day. Giants win 21-10



Today college football was crazy, USC lost to Washington, Free shoe beat all up on BYU at BYU, My Chippewas looked good in their home opener winning 48-0, the starters were out with 8 or 9 minutes left in the first half, so it was good to let some of the young guys play... oh, and Alcorn State is really bad. ND beat MSU, thanks to Kirk Cousins throwing a pick on the ND 10 with 57 seconds left down 3.. wow. The UGA-Arkansas game has been good, lots of throwing yards and TD passes thrown in that one. All in all a great day, besides the fact that the Tigers lost again to the Twins and their lead is down to 2 games now. They will have to earn it if they win the division, they still have 5 games left against the Twins including tomorrow. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: