Monday, March 29, 2010

Final four is set

MSU has won games by 7, 3, 2 and 1.. but winning is the only thing that matters this time of year, so MSU finds themselves in the final four for the second year in a row. They have had some great games, that have been really fun to watch. Now they get Butler who will be playing 6 miles away from their campus. People will talk about what a great story it is, and of course it is, but really the truth is, Butler is very good, and people thought they would be, they were in the top ten in both polls at the start of the year. People shouldn't be shocked that Butler is in the final four, surprised sure, but not shocked. On the other side the two teams that I actually picked to make it at the beginning of this 3 week basketball orgy have. Duke and WVU. I think that will be a very good game, with two very good coaches going head to head. I did pick Duke to win the game at the start, so I will stick with them. The MSU-Butler game I could see Butler winning, but you got to like Izzo at this time of year, the man will not sleep till next Monday night, and even without Lucas, they still have lots of talent. If Allen and Summers are making their shots, and Roe/Morgan/Green are doing some work high/low, they will be fine. I will be cheering for MSU in the game, and I will pick them to win it, But I would not be surprised if Butler won, and I really wouldn't be upset at all, in fact, I would be happy.

I am very lucky to say that two of the final four coaches, Coach K and Coach Izzo, I have gotten to meet and talk to, it was a great honor for me. Izzo I have seen many times over the last fews years, while Coach K I meet just the one time, but will always be grateful for how nice he was to me, and that he signed my book. I would love a Duke-MSU final, and I would cheer for MSU, but I do think Duke would win it. It has been a great tournament and it makes me sad there is only two more college basketball games left this year.. lucky for me, my first AAU practice is Wednesday, and we get started April 16-18 for our first tournament.

The wings are really starting to play well, and the rest of the league should be worried.

The happiest guy in Michigan right now may be Joe D, why, because with MSU in the final four again, and how well the wings are playing people are forgetting about the laughing stock that has become the Pistons. They lost to the Nets the other day, and are officially out of playoff contention. I knew we couldn't keep having conference finals appearances every year, buy I didn't think we would fall this far, this fast. I am a big Pistons fan, and I will remain one, but I would like to see them do a lot this off season. First, they should have a top 3-5 pick, which will help, second, they need to trade RIP and Ta too, if they can, the problem is I really think they missed their window on them, they have been hurt too much this year, and are getting older, and still have too many years on their contracts for too much money. As soon as Gordon was signed RIP needed to be traded. Stuck, Gordon, a 100% Ta Ta, CV and Ben Wallace should have started from day one this year. Now you might as well go stuck, gordon, daye, jonos and CV, play summers, Max and Will B, and that's it. It's been a very very tough year, but luckily I can still remember all those good times during that run, getting to the finals, and winning in 2004. I will keep watching the rest of their games this year and try to look for any positives moving forward. I don't really think I will watch much, if any of the NBA Playoffs. The Lakers and Cavs will meet in the finals, and the Lakers will win in 6. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: