Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The end of a era

For the last 15 or so years at least every August I would wait for Madden to come out. Most of those years I would be at game stop or meijer at 11:30pm or so, waiting for midnight and the game to come out. I did this last year as well and I must admit I really didn't like Madden much at all, and only got through one season with my New York Football Giants. As the months passed I starting to think, will this be the year that I don't get Madden. I have college football and I like that game a lot, there is so manny things to do, dynasty, online dynasty, road to glory, play online, with that game only being out about a month I haven't even begun to play it as much as I would like to. Of course one reason for this is that I am married and have a little girl, and a boy on the way, so I can't just play 4 or 5 hrs of video games a day like I use to. I use to be able to get through a entire season in less then a week, now it takes me about a month, if not longer. I just finished my first year in NCAA2011 last night. So I made the tough choice, I didn't get Madden last night, will not be picking it up today, and don't plan on getting it at all. Truthfully I think NCAA is a better game. I played the Madden Demo and I liked some of the new features but I still didn't like it as much as NCAA, so why throw away 60 bucks on a game you don't really like? It's time for a change, so no Madden this year, I will be playing NCAA2011 and saving the money. However, I will be getting NHL2011 when it comes out in September. I heard so many great things about the game last year, and everything I read is saying this year will be better, so that is one game I will be getting. I really think I would have stopped getting Madden a few years ago, except it's Madden, I mean it's what you do, August rolls around and you get the new Madden, period, that is how it works. This year the only reason I would want it is just to have it, and because Gus Johnson is doing play by play. Gus is the man, and he almost is enough reason to get it, but not enough, if I am not going to play it enough. Sorry Gus. It's a Madden free year. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: