Friday, August 27, 2010

Laird goes deep! What?

The Tigers continued their hot play last night beating the Blue Jays 7-1 showing off some serious long ball power, as they hit both a 3 run and 2 run homers in the game. The 2 run homer was even more of a shock because of who hit it. The worst hitting catcher in the league, finally got his avg over 200! G Laird. He got a good pitch to hit and he crushed it. Now sure, the Tigers were already up 4-0 at the time, so by no means was this a big clutch home run or anything but any homer by him makes you stop and think, "did I just see that, did that really happen." Another good win for the Tigers who sit 9 games back after the Twins were able to get a win in Texas. Hopefully tonight's game can be more of the same, and they can at least make the race close. Sources say Manny is coming to the White Sox, as they try to catch the Twins, but if the Tigers keep winning and the White Sox slip, the Tigers will be the ones in second place and closing in fast.

Again, I want to remind everyone, I am not saying they are going to win, I still don't think they will, I just love what I am seeing from this team right now, they are playing hard, and at least giving fans a reason to watch, cheer and follow this team. With college football starting this coming Thursday, and the NFL one week after that, they don't need to stay in it much longer, they have done their job.

Wings tickets also went on sale today, I hope to get to at least one game at the Joe this year. Hockey will be here soon too, then basketball, I love it. Summer needs to end, and fall needs to arrive. I'm right, you're wrong.

1 comment:

MadManMaurice said...

Laird is horrible...still.