Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thanks but no thanks

Mr Damon is staying in the D. Despite being picked up by the Red Sox, he choose not to go back to Boston and back to a wild card race. I wonder if the Tigers really still believe inside their clubhouse they have a chance still. They have won 4 games in a row, with a few more left against KC, that should help, but they are still 10 and a half back. I guess they think, hey, the Twins did it last year, so as long as we can get this thing down to 5 or 6 games by September 1st we have a chance. Sure they still have a chance, but it isn't a very big one, in fact, it is very small. They need to basically win ever series from here on out, and I would say sweep a good amount of them, because the Twins are not going to fall apart, the Tigers are going to have to catch them, I don't think the Twins will come back to them. Plus will the amount of young guys the Tigers are playing these days there is just no room for error, plus any team that is smart is going to walk Manny Jr every time he is up. Why some teams still pitch to him, I have no idea. Unless you have a big lead, why not walk him. I am glad people don't though, cause it is so much fun to watch that guy hit. What a beast. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: