Thursday, October 23, 2008

NFL week 8 picks

Here we are, week 8 of the NFL season. It's Thursday and time for my week predictions.

Byes: Cin, Den, Hou, Chi, GB, Min


Arz at Car- I like this to be a shoot out, with the home team winning. The Panters are playing very well right now. Panthers 31-27

Atl at Phi- The Engals needs this, and word is Westbook will play. That is enough for them to get the win over the surprising Falcons. Phili wins 21-17

TB at Dal- Dallas needs a win, and even though they do not have Tony Homo for this game, I think they will find a way, they know they go to New York next week, and can not lose both of these games and go to 4-5, they find a way to win. cowboys 24-14

Was at Det- Do I even need to say anything. Skins win 28-10

SD at NO (in London)- The Saints play a home game in London, without Reggie Bush. I really liked both of these teams going in to the year, in fact I had the Saints in the super bowl, but this was one game I had them loosing anyway, and I still think that will be true. SD super chargers 31-21

NYG at Pit- I am a big Giants fan, but even in my preseason picks I had them loosing to the Steelers on the road, of course I also had them loosing to the Browns on the road, well I changed my mind then, I learned my lesson. Sadly the steelers win 24-21

Stl at NE- The rams are playing a lot better, but the Pats looked like themselves last week. I like the Pats to continue to do that, and the rams to come back down to earth a bit. NE wins 31-21

Sea at SF- In a game where the only real losers are the fans who have to sit through this, I think if the seahawks have any chance of turning their season around it has to be now. And the 49ers have a new coach, now if Mike was playing LB for them, I would pick the 49ers, but since he isn't, for one last week, I will stick with the seahawks to win a ugly football game 17-14

Oak at Bal- The ravens will win this game, that is really all I want to say about this one. Ravens 21-10

Buf at Mia- In my preseason picks I had the Dolphins winning this, and you know something... I am making this my upset pick of the week. I am saying at home, the phins are going to get the job done. Mia wins 24-17

Cle at Jag- Jags need to keep wining for me, and my playoff picks for them. I like them in this game, there has been some off field problems in Cleveland with the KW JR thing, and I like the Jags to win coming off their bye week 28-17

Ind at Ten- Yeah it is time. Good indy, then bad indy, then good indy, then bad indy... it's time again for good indy. I like their offense to come alive and beat the Titans at home and give them their first loss. The Titans are a good team, and will be able to fun the ball against the Colts but I like the Colts offense to actually look like themselves again, like they did against the Ravens, and Colts win 31-27

Kc at NYJ- well last week I wrote if the Jets lost to the Raiders the NFL officially makes no sense, well that happened, but I will stick with it, with no Larry Johnson, if KC beats the Jets, the league officially really makes no sense, and all Brett Farve lovers should jump off the band wagon now.

I had a tough week last week, going 7-7, so hopefully this week will be better. I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: