Thursday, October 30, 2008

NFL week 9 picks

Yes my friends it is that time again, Thursday. Time for my weekly NFL picks. After a great week last week of 10-4 I am now 72-45 on the year, which isn't too bad. So here we go, with my picks for week 9.


Byes: Car, NO, SF, SD


Arz at Stl- I like the Cards in this game, the rams have been playing better, but the Cards are not a bad team, and with Bolden back, I except them to play even better, they are winning that division. Cards win 31-21

Atl at Oak- I will admit in my preseason picks this is a game that I gave to the Raiders, well, no more. I have been surprised with how well the Falcons have played, and I like them to go on the road and win this game. ATL 24-10

Det at Chi- The fun continues for the Lions.And the bad part about it, since it isn't at home, it will not be blackout, and I will have to watch it, damn. It was so nice last week not having to watch them. Anyway, the Bears D will shout them down, and win 24-7

Dal at NYG- This is a big game. But with out Homo, Whitten might not play because of broken ribs, plus Flex Jones still out, plus Newman, and all their other problems, plus the fact that it is at home, this is MUST win for the Giants. I was happy how well they played last week, but lets hope they have some left. I think they do. my G-men win 28-14

GB at Ten- This is another game in my preseason picks I had the Packers wining. One I didn't think the Titans would be this good, and I thought the Packers would still be a little better then they are. Add both of those things, and I am going with the Titans to continue their undefeated season for at least another week. Titans win 24-14

Hou at Min- I like the Texans to win this game. I like them, and I have a nice size man crush on Andre Johnson and I hope he has 100+ yards and at least a td. Texans win 28-21

Phi at Sea- The fact that it is at Seattle would usually be a reason to pick them, but this year, they are bad. Phili wins 31-14

TB at KC- This is going to be a Bucks win, enough said. TB 28-10

Pitt at Was- This is another big game this week. The Steelers are 5-0 vs the AFC and 0-2 vs the NFC East, will that continue. On the road, I think it will, the Skins have to win to keep pace, and they will. Skins win 17-14

Bal at Cle- This game is at the Browns and they need a win to continue their momentum. The Ravens have been playing well, but they still do start a rookie qb, I like the Browns in this one, 24-14

NYJ at Buf- Buffalo coming off a bad division loss, they need a division win. The Jets have played bad the last 3 weeks, and still managed to win two of those games, since they have played such bad teams, their luck runs out. Bills win 28-17

Jags at Cin- another loss for the Bengals, really again, all I need to say, and I again I will say, the Lions and Bengals need to play, and the winner gets the first pic. Jags 31-10

Mia at Den- Nice win for Mia last week, but now they go to Denver, I don't like their chances, and with Denver coming off the bye they will be ready to go. Denver wins 31-21

NE at Ind- Usually this is the biggest game of the year, not just the week, this year, it is only big because this may be the Colts last chance, if they loss this game, their playoff hopes are done, and their season is over. I think at home, they will find a way to get the job done. Colts win 28-24

Well there you have it. my pistons are 1-0, after beating the Pacers last night, I hear baseball is now over, I really didn't see one pitch of the world series, I just didn't care, but congrats to long time phili sports fans, it's been 25 years, but you have another title now, so good for you. College basketball is quickly coming. We have our rose rowdie training/fright night event at CMU tonight, which I have to talk at, and then next Saturday our first game, being it exhibition but still, so the NBA is up and running, college and pro football is in full swing, this is one of my favorite times of the year. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: