Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Week 5 NFL and week 6 College recap

Talk about a bad week, I went 7-7 to make my season record 46-29. I finally give the Bills some love and pick them to win, and they lose. I know the Viks need a win, but I pick the Saints, and they lose, The Steelers offense looks like a college spread all of a sudden and all they do is throw, and what is up with the Chargers, maybe the Dolphins have a shot in the new look afc east. My Giants looked great, but that may be more about the Seahawks looking really really bad. The skins get a big road win after a big road win, and look really good. I guess you can chalk up week one to a new coach and a new system, they are looking good, and if history tells us anything, the last two times after the Giants won the super bowl, the Skins won the next year, so maybe, it is ment to be. Really this is the great thing about the NFL, almost everyone, besides the Lions and Rams, and maybe KC and Oak, can beat anyone else. The Rams and Lions should change their schedules around and play this year, just so we know who is the worst NFL team of all time. I mean the Raiders front office is a mess just like the Lions, but at least the Raiders are competitive on the field, the Lions just get killed, their offense doesn't move the ball, and their defense doesn't stop anyone. That entire organization needs a big change, and I don't think the Lions will be even average again, until the Ford's either sell the team, or bring someone that they let handle everything football related.

As for college since I didn't do it yesterday. CMU had a bye, so I will not do the top ten, and make them number one, I will just give some thoughts.

-Uofm is taking one big foot forward, beating Wisconsin, followed by a big step back, getting blown out by ILL at home, they still have a lot of work to do
-ND is not good, and UNC will beat them this week.
-MSU keeps finding ways to win, and now our ranked, but they still don't have a big win, and they still have osu, wis, psu, and uofm on the schedule, really they have just won the games that they should, and they play undefeated Northwestern this week
-LSU-FL this week, can't wait should be a great game, I like LSU
-OK-Texas this week, can't wait should be a great game, I like OK
-This is the time the season really kicks off, with big conference match ups all over the place
-OSU-PSU will decide the big ten title, and I really like PSU to win it this year.
-CMU-Temple, for our homecoming, it seems some Temple fans are looking for a big win, and thinking their defense will shout us down, there is no way they hold us to 7 points like they did to western in their 7-3 win. We will score, and we will give up some points to, that is how we do things, CMU 28-17
-Just happy Fall is here, I love fall, and the weather, it is my favorite season.
-Vandy baby, wow, who saw that coming, I am still now sold on them, as a team, just because as great as Auburn's defense is, their offense is that bad, so we will see how vandy does the rest of the year.
-USC will be fine, and they will have no problems against ASU this week


I am sure I am missing some things, so I would love to know other peoples thoughts on both the college and pro football seasons so far. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: