Thursday, October 2, 2008

Week 5 NFL Picks

Well here it is, Thursday already, so it is time for my weekly NFL picks, so, without further ado, here we go.

Byes: Cle, NYJ, OAk, and STL


Buf at Arz- I will admit in my preseason picks I had the Cards winning this game, but it looks like they will not have Bolden, and the Bills are much much better then I thought they would be. I know it is in Arizona, but I like Buffalo here to win 28-24

ATL at GB- The Packers get back to their winning ways. Matt Ryan has not played good yet on the road, and that will continue in Green Bay. Packers win 21-10

KC at Car- Big win for KC last week, but I like the Panters, and they are another team who is a lot better then I thought they would be. Panters win 24-10

Chi at Det- This is a typical Lions game to win. They are coming off the bye week, and I think they will find a way to get a win. The Bears have been playing good, but at Ford Field I see the Lions getting one of their few wins this year. Lions win 21-17

Cin at Dal- The Cowboys lost a home game last week, but I don't see them loosing two in a row, plus the Bengals are a mess, and now you got ocho cinco saying he will score a td and kiss the star, classic. Marvin will be out soon, I will now be shocked if he makes it though the year. Dallas win 31-14

Min at No- The Viks are in trouble. I actually did have the Saints winning this one in my preseason picks, and I am sticking with them, at home to win the game. Saints win 28-17

Sea at NYG- Both teams coming off byes, the Seahawks have not looked that good this year, and I for one hope that continues for at least another week. We will see how my G-men play without Plax, but I think they will have enough for a win. Gaints win 24-14

Was at Phi- The skins looked great on the road at Dallas last week, and if they do win and beat the Engels this week that will be a very impressive two week run, with both games being on the road, I just like the Engels in this one. Close hard fought game, Phili wins 17-14

Ne at SF- Coming off the bye week, and a loss, this should be a nice game for the Pats to ease back in to the season. I like the Pats big in this one 31-10

TD at Den- I picked the bucs during my preseason picks, but considering Denver is at home, and just had a really bad loss last week, I think they will be ready to go, and I pick Denver to win 35-24

Ten at Bal- Here are two teams who have both looked very good. It is a home game for the Ravens, and with that defense you never know, but I like the Titans to win this game 17-10 in a great defensive match up, just a good hard noise football game, it would be fitting for their to be snow.

Ind at Hou- The Colts have looked bad, they are coming off a bye week, and have lost two home games, good thing this one is on the road. I like the Colts offense to actually look a little more like the Colts offense. They win 31-21

Pit at Jag- The Jags needs this one, they are at home, and they are starting to play a little better, they need to keep that momentum going. Not to mention the Steelers are close to asking fans to be their running backs, they just have a lot of injuries and I like the Jags here to win 21-10

Sd at Mia- I hope Miami enjoyed the bye week. The Chargers will be ready to go, and their offense will score a lot. Even if Ronnie Brown can run over the shaky at best Charger D, the Charger offense will outscore it's counterpart. SD wins 35-24


Hopefully this week will go well. In baseball the Cubs and Angels especially since they are going on the road for games 3 and 4, MUST win game 2. The Brew Crew need to win today because even with them going home, if they are down 0-2 and can't win with CC pitching they are done. And considering I picked all three of those teams to win their series, and picked the Angels and Cubs in the world series I am rooting for them hard. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: