Sunday, December 21, 2008

A great day of college basketball

I know it's a big NFL sunday, but while I wait for the big game I care about tonight, I wanted to talk about yesterday and some of the big time college basketball games that took place.


MSU-Texas- MSU showed they will be fine, they have a lot of talent, and with Suton back now they will only get better. This was a great college basketball game, Summers hit a big time 3 for the game winer, and even though it wasn't in Auston, Houston is a lot closer to Austin then East Lansing, so this is a great win. Texas is also very good, no question about it, and I can't wait to watch them play OK. One there are big rivals anyway, but they are both very good. OK beat VCU yesterday, which doesn't get it's own thing, but Blake Griffen is someone I could watch play college basketball all day and never get sick of it, also their Freshmen G Warren isn't too bad himself.

-Purdue-Davidson- Even Steph Curry, who reached boy status with me a long time ago, has off shooting nights. Purdue game out ready to play and just flat out rolled playing in Indy, their home away from home, they play at least two games or so there each year. Davidson just never got started, manily because Curry was off all night, and was not his usually self, I look for him to bouce back in a big way. Also Purdue is good, don't let their blowout loss to Duke fool you, this is a very good college basketball team, they have a lot of guys who can flat out play.

Min-Louis- The Gophers were undefeated but didn't play anyone, well, that isn't true anymore. Louis will of course have many more chances to prove themselves in the big east, but this loss hurts. Min might have a say in the big ten, which like I said eariler, like two weeks ago, is much better then a lot of people think. Besides MSU and Purdue, who I still think one of those two will win it, Wis, Uofm, OSU, Min, and ILL all have been playing good, plus PSU and even Northwestern is much improved. I can't wait to watch a lot of big ten basketball in the next few months.

-Duke-X- I didn't see this game, but damn, Duke just took it to them. Xavier may have been a little overrated, but make no mistake, they are a good basketball team. Duke is very deep and talented, I know it is easy to hate on Duke, but they are good, and they could spilt with UNC, making the ACC intrsting.

-Uconn-Gonzaga-My Zags, 3rd favorite team behind MSU, and of course my alma mater CMU number one, gave this one away. Of course Uconn is very good, so there is nothing to hang your head about a OT loss to them. Gonzaga is a legit final four contender, I really think this is the year. They are deep and loaded. Uconn is stacked of course, and I like them to win the big east, they are going to lose some games, because that conference is too deep and talented, but I like them to win it.

-Memphis-Cuse- Even without the pirde of Bay City Michigan, Eric " I slap a hoe" deendorph (don't care to spell his name right, he is a tool) Cuse got a big road win at Memphis. Memphis is talented, but they are young, Conference USA, manily UAB and Houston are better, and going undefeated in conference is not likly. They still will be fine. I think the Cuse will fall off a little and finish 5th or 6th in the big east... which is still good.


Right now that is all I want to talk about.. because it's time for my giants... in other news.. my pistons still haven't won on Sunday... talk about a sure thing. I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: