Friday, December 26, 2008

Week 17 NFL Picks

well with xmas and everything I am behind. I hope everyone had a great time. My Jacobs jersey is in the mail, and I can't wait till it gets here, thanks mom and dad. First things first, last week I went 9-6. which makes me 150-89-1 on the year. Here it is, the last week of the year, my last season picks, I will pick the playoffs every week to, but this is my last chance to improve my reg. season record. Here we go.

-Sea at Arz- The Cards don't need to play, they have their spot, but the seahawks are bad, they got a nice win last week for their coaches last home game, can they send him out a winner on the road, I don't think so. Cards win 28-14

Stl at Atl- The Falcons are in already too, but I think they will still try to win, and I think they will. ATL 21-10

Car at NO- Panters are in, Saints are out, but they play well at home, I think one last time, Saints win 35-24

Chi at Hou- As everyone knows by now I like the Texans, mainly because of Andre Johnson, who let me down last week vs the Raiders, 19 yards, who saw that coming, but he still had a great year, and even loosing in the title game I got 60 bucks, so that's cool. Anyway, I like the Texans at home, but after last week's OT win, the Bears can still win that division, so I have changed my mind. Bears win 21-17

Dal at Phi- After the way both teams looked last week, this one is tough. I don't like either team, but I hate the cowboys. So, one time, I will semi cheer for phili. Eagles win 24-21

Det at GB- The dream is alive, the worst season in NFL history, shows you how important the preseason is, where the Lions were 4-0, and are now about to be 0-16 in the reg. season. Wonderful. The bad part, it is in Green Bay, so it will not be blacked out here, so I get to watch history happen, yeah. I would much rather get a real NFL game, oh well. There is a small part of me that says the Packers will mess up and the Lions win, but that is a very small part, so close to the dream season, they will find a way, Packers win 17-10

NYG at Min- I want to say, like last year, in a game that doesn't mean anything to them, the Giants will still play hard, to keep momentum going, but this is a totally different thing, they have a bye anyway, and home field, and the Viks need to win. David Carr should get some major PT. I still think the Giants will keep it close, but give it to the Viks 24-21

Was at SF- The Skins finish up a disappointing season with a win at the 49ers. History changes this year, as the first time ever after the Giants win the super bowl, the next year the Skins will not, they did it the first two times, beating the team the Giants just beat, both times by the way, but that streak is over... Now I just hope the Giants can repeat, it is going to be hard, but I have faith. Skins 21-14

Oak at TB- Bucks win 24-10.. next

Jags at Bal- Here is my upset pick of the week, the Jags put it all together one time this year to ruin the Ravens chances of making the playoffs. But with some picks later, they might still get in. Jags win 21-17

NE at Buf- I picked them to win the AFC east, even without Brady and they still can, I like the Pats to win here and then get some help, more on that later. Pats win 21-10

KC at Cin- I mean come on, do I really need to say anything about this, I feel so bad for anyone at this game. But lets go with the home team, why the hell not. Cinci wins 17-10

Cle at Pit- Steelers take it all out on the Browns, this one might get ugly. Steelers win 28-7

Den at SD- The Super Chargers can still save me a little, since I picked them to win the west, ok, so I picked them to go like 14-2, but whatever. These teams hate each other, and this is the way it should be, play it out in week 17 to see who gets to the playoffs. By who I picked alone, and the fact that I like them, of course I am picking the Chargers, big game from Rivers and LDT please. SD wins 31-24

Ten at Ind- This game will be much like a preseason scrimmage. Tickets should be free. Vince Young should play, and the great Jim Sorgi, should be fun. Since the Colts are home, I will say their backups, beat the Titan backups 14-10

Mia at NYJ-So this is a big game, against a good team, that means the Jets will win. Giving the Pats the east title. I wish the Dolphins win this game, and as long as the Ravens lose I will be ok with it, cause then the Pats would still make the playoffs, I just don't see it happening. The Jets play good in big games at home, when they need to, and they play bad in games against bad teams. Mia has had a great year, and they are a great story, but I like the home team, again, I hope I am wrong, and I also hope that no one got hurt this year hoping off and on the Brett Farve Bandwagon. Jets win 24-21


so there you have it, the last reg. season picks of the year. Hopefully it will go well for me. I can start focusing a lot more on basketball as soon as the NFL and college bowl seasons are over. Which reminds me, CMU plays FAU tonight in the MCB, our 3rd in a row, it should be entertaining, lots of points and yards, CMU wins 38-24 Go fire up Chips, proud to be a Chippewa. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: