Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bottom ten of 2008

Well yesterday I did my personal top ten, now lets see, if off the top of my head I can come up with the ten sports moments or stories that I hated, or was the worst for me.


1) Clemens- he is a easy number one, that thing was so annoying, it seemed like it would never end. I am so glad I haven't heard a lot about it in the last couple of months.

2) Farve- Will he retire, he retired, he came back, where will he play? It was right up there. I don't hate Brett Farve but I am getting close to hating him. I think a lot of it is still the people that cover it more then him, but he has a lot to do with it as well.

3) Tigers season- A personal one, but when you spent the money they did, 3rd highest payroll behind the Yanks and Mets, all who didn't make the playoffs, and bring in the people they brought in, expectations were high. Being in Michigan that is all we heard was how great the year was going to be. I will admit I expected big things, and maybe I shouldn't have, but I did. I had faith for as long as I could, even after a bad start, I played the "we have lots of time left, it will be fine" card I think a record 100 times or more during the season, but just a bad year.

4) Uofm Football-I am not a fan, but for that program to have the kind of year it did, it is a bottom ten sports story... the same thing is about to happen to IU basketball right now.

5) Lions- Should be higher I guess because of 0-16, but I am not a fan, so I don't really care, they are just bad, and will be until WC Ford sells the team or lets someone who knows what they are talking about make all the moves, having Millen's assistant be the new GM doesn't sound like the best idea.

6) CMU-Ball State- I will do one last personal one. Loosing at home to Ball State which ended our chance for a 3rd MAC title in a row was a tough last home game for our team, and our Sr's. Ball State is a good team, and they had a great year, and it actually was a great game, minus the final score, but that night basically ended our season and we didn't recover, looser our next game after that, plus the bowl game.

7) Cowboys- I hate them, so I love it, but what a train wreak, from 13-3 last year, to loosing their first playoff game, again, to my giants, to the soap opera that was this year, that story is a bottom story for the year, pour Ed Werder, he must almost live in Dallas by this point.

8) Men's and Women's 4 by 100 relay- Confused, well let me explain. The 4 by 100 relay has basically be owned by both the men's and women's track teams of the USA since about 1980, and this year both teams didn't even make the finals and both were disqualified for dropping the baton. This isn't that big of a deal now, as I am sure almost everyone forget, but this was a big deal at the time, and at least to me, who likes history and tradition and knowing how good we normally do in that race.

9) Tom Brady's Knee- Maybe it should be higher or not on this list, I don't know. I mean I am not a fan, so it wasn't bad for me, besides that I picked them to win the super bowl in my preseason picks, but there is no question it was a big story, and changed the NFL season, for better or worse, so I thought it was worth mentioning.

10)M Vick- Wow, I can't believe I forget about this for this long. I am too lazy to changed the list, but lets just say this is number 3, and move everything else down a spot. What a bad story. It got a lot of coverage, just like the Clemens and Farve cases, so it is top 3 bottom sports stories of the year, no question about it.

So what did I forget, This was a lot harder then the top ones. Maybe I just tried to forget them already. what are your personal sports moments that you hated this year. I do have to mention, I forget to mention Bolt's 100 win yesterday, the fact that he pulled up so early in the 100 M final was amazing, and something that was a great, or bad depending on how you feel about tauting, moment. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: