Thursday, December 4, 2008

NFL week 14 picks

Yes it is Thursday again, so here we go with my week 14 NFL picks

Stl at Arz- The cards are back home, playing in the division, which means, cards win 28-10

Atl at NO- I think the Saints are done, Atlanta has been playing so well, who saw that coming, what a great job by them, but since I am a stupid, and a very slow learner, one last time, with the Saints playing at home, I am picking them to win, Saints win 31-27

Tb at Car- Man this is a big big game, and in those in the nfl you usually want to go with the home team, especially after a nice win in Green Bay last week. The Bucks can still get the two seed, unless something changes one of these two teams will, so do I give it to the home team, or do I go with what I picked in the preseason when I picked all the games? Home team, Panters win 24-21

Jag at Chi- Have I mentioned yet how wrong I was about the Jags, could not be more wrong if I tried, man, have they disappointed me. I have learned my lesson with them, I promise, Bears 17-10

Dal at Pit- Another big game for the Steelers, but it is at home again, like the Giants and Colts game, which they lost, and not on the road, like the engals and Pats game, which they won... ummm, is there a pattern forming here. Lets go with it. Dallas wins 24-21

Min at Det- Here are the Lions playing at home again, so I will not have to watch it, cause this one, will be blacked out, I am almost 100% sure about that. Lets see if they can get 5 points, so in 7 games they can score the same amount of points, 98 as UNC scored in one last night in basketball. Maybe they can get a TD, and the Viks usually play bad against the Lions, remember it was 12-10 last game in Min, and that was the game Dan O ran out of the end zone not knowing it for a safety, but I think the Viks will be ready, and no team wants to be the team to lose to the Lions, Viks win 28-10

Hou at GB- I like the Texans, ok, really I just like Andre Johnson, but in Green Bay, I have to give it to the Packers, Pack win 24-17

Phi at NYG- Another big game, against a team with a wining record for my Giants, I know the Steelers are right up there, but the Giants have played all but like three games against teams with wining records, ok, now that I think about it, 5, 49ers, seahawks, cinci, browns, who was suppose to be good,and the rams, everyone else is a playoff team, or in contention. That is a hard schedule, oh, and they are 11-1. Everything going on this week, I think the game will be a nice chance to get away from it all and come out and get a big division win. Giants 28-17

NYJ at SF- Jets, next. jets win 28-14

NE at Sea- The Pats take last weeks loss out on the hawks. Pats win 31-10.. btw.. how much does it suck to be a sports fan in that city right now, man, that has to hurt, sonics leave, your baseball team had the worst record in the AL, seahwaks suck, wash is 0-11, damn.

Was at Bal- I love the Ravens D but this is a must win for the skins, of course with a Steelers lose and a Ravens they could be in first place, so I am on the face on this one, this actually might be the second or third best game of the wee, a lot on the line. So, do I go with the home team, or my preseason pick? wait, in the preseason I picked the home team, oh, well, in that case Ravens win 17-14

Mia at Buf- Bills at home, lets give them one last chance to get semi back in the race. Bills win 24-21

Cin at Ind- Colts roll 31-7, next

Cle at Ten- Titans get the job done. 24-10

Kc at Den- Denver at home, played great last week, I almost want to take KC, and you know what..... I will.... my UPSET PICK OF THE WEEK.... KC wins 28-27

Oak at SD- In tonight's game, called the 2008 NFL Europe championship by Mike n Mike, that league went under if you didn't know, I like the Chargers to roll, please, one last time, play like a good team. Actually I need LDT to do it a few more times, and if Rivers doesn't put up big fantasy numbers tonight I might have to find him and beat him up. SD wins 31-10

ok, so there you go, week 14 already. One last non football thing:

UNC-MSU- UNC is stacked, and yeah MSU doesn't have Suton yet and Roe is not 100%, and I knew UNC would win, but by 35. Wow, it wasn't a true on campus home game, and I actually thought that hurt MSU a little bit, not that they would have won, and they hung around for awhile, but UNC is just too much. Ty Lawson needs to be on that All American team with Curry, Psyco T, Griffen and Luke Harrengody.. I mean, they can announce that now.. that is the 1st team, right there. No question in my mind. The thing that people need to know, MSU is a good, talented team, and they will be much better at the end of the year then they are right now, that is just how good UNC is, they have know beaten two teams that are both very good, in ND and MSU and both games were not at home and they destroyed both teams, they are not wining games, they are killing people. I still think it is too hard to go undefeated the entire way in college basketball in a major conference and win it all. But I will stand by the point I made that no one will beat them in a big game they are up for, you need to catch them off guard. They have to play bad, and you have to shoot the ball very very well. That's your only chance.

Of course Duke looked great on Tuesday night, and Purdue is a very good team as well, so that will be a great game, and the UNC-Duke game at Duke, might be UNC's best chance for a lose against another ranked team.

The ACC/Big 10 butt kicking is over, but it was only 6-5, so it was a lot closer this year, but both main match ups were won by a lot by the ACC. They are still much better at the top. Ohio State, PSU, Min, Northwestern and Wisconsin got the wins for the Big ten, besides OSU who beat da U on the road, and Wisconsin who beat Va tech on the road, those other 3 teams are not very good, and were playing bottom feeding ACC teams. Northwester's win at home vs Free shoe may have been the best for that group, Min beating Virginia at home is nothing special but you know PSU beating UGA Tech on the road is another good win. So maybe the big ten isn't as bad as everyone thinks, or the ACC isn't as great as everyone thinks... or UNC and Duke are great, but everyone else is average at best. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: