Thursday, December 11, 2008

NFL week 15 picks.. and some more

It's Thursday, and there is a lot to get to, I hope I remember everything I want to touch on, so lets get right in to my week 15 NFL picks:

Min at Arz- The Viks need this game more, and T-Jack will be starting. The Cards play better at home, and even though they have clinched the division I don't think they are just going to lay down. Having said that, I think the Viks will find a way, AD AP runs all over them, and the Viks win 24-21

TB at ATL- No question I had the bucks during my preseason picks, but looking at how well Atlanta has played at home, I am really thinking about this one, but I am done with that now, TB needs the win, and they will get it, Bucks 21-17

Den at Car- Denver is like the Chargers, Jets and Saints, they have some great games, and then some bad losses, which team will show up. I don't care, Panters at home, I am going with them 28-17

NO at Chi- Oh I was wrong about the Saints, and I want to still believe they have a outside chance at the playoffs, but playing in Chi town, where they are 1-5 on the road already this year, the bears need the win to stay with the viks and on top of the packers in the north, It will be cold, maybe some snow, defense and running the ball, bears win 14-10

NYG at Dal- Dallas at home, I actually picked them in my preseason picks, and the Giants have clinched the division, however, they want to show they don't need Plax, and that they can bounce back, they also want home field, and they would love to keep the cowboys from the playoffs, you add all that together, plus the fact that I am a die hard Giants fan, they bounce back and win 28-21

Det at Ind- Do I really need to do this one... of course, this would be the type of game the Lions win, but it isn't happening. Colts roll 35-10

GB at Jags- I am so over the Jags, I am done picking them this year, that is for sure. Packers need a win to have any chance of getting that division at 8-8, if the bears and viks lose, it could still happen. Packers win 24-14

Cle at Phi- Dorsey at qb, and he doesn't have as many weapons as he had at da U. I like phili in this game 24-7

Sea at Stl- Man I feel bad for anyone who has to watch this game. Rams are at home, so lets give it to them. Rams win 10-7

Sf at Mia- Give it to the better team at home, who still can make the playoffs, easy choice for me. Mia 24-10

Was at Cin- Another game, that I shouldn't even have to pick, Skins 24-7

Pitt at Bal- You know a big part of me wants to take the Ravens at home, but then again, I did just say on Tuesday the Steelers look like the best team in the AFC, so why not stick with that, Steelers win 14-10

Buf at NYJ- Jets need this game, and they just had a bad loss, that means, they play well, jets win 24-14

Ten at Hou- I have thought about it, and I have made up my mind. The Upset of the week pick, I will stick with my preseason pick, the Texans at home put up some points, as does Andre Johnson for me, and they win, Titans have clinched, they relax, a little, Texans win 28-17

SD at KC- SD wins, LDT gets two TD's and everyone is happy. SD 28-10

NE at Oak- Matt Cassell might not play, as he is sadly dealing with the death of his father. Even if he doesn't, the Pats can win this game, plus they have to, thus they will. Pats 24-10



OK, moving on.... my Pistons:

I am usually a class half full kind of a guy when it comes to basketball and baseball, or my pistons and tigers, and a little bit of the cubs in the NL, due to how long the season is, I do not freak out over a bad loss, or even 3 or 4 in a row. But I must admit I am starting to get a little worried. First Friday night, I was at the game where they were up 15 in the 3rd to the 76ers playing without brand, and they lost, then they are down as much as 29 to the Knicks on Sunday, before coming back, but still loosing, they are now 0-5 on Sunday's, and 11-5 on every other day. But then they go to Play the Wizards on the road, who, lets face it, are not good. In the first half they are up by as many as 17, and what happens. Curry leaves in guys 8 though 12 in the game all together until the lead is about 4 or so, before putting some of the guys back in. This is the NBA, this isn't 7th grade, everyone plays basketball. You don't need to, or should you, play 12 guys in a game. Yeah it is a long season, rest your guys a little, but your best 7 players should never be all on the bench at the same time while your bottom five play all together, unless the game is in the 4th and the lead is more then 25. A 15 point lead in the first half does not mean the game is over. Listen I like our bench, I actually think it is very good. Herrmann is a good player, AA, Bynum has played ok, Jason and Brown or Amir, they can help a team. Those guys should not all be in at the same time. Ever. Mcdyess playing in his first game back, maybe got too many minutes, jacked up some shots, you want to get his legs back, but put him in with sheed, AI, Ta and Rip, not will, AA, walter and Amir. It really looks like Curry is way way way over his head. A rookie head coach usually has a young team around him, thus they can learn as they go, with each other. This is a veteran team still, for the most part, and a lot of these guys played with Curry, and started ahead of him, I think they are more his friends then anything. Even with him being on staff, an assistant is more of a friend then the head coach. They need to be able to read guys and know when to take them aside, or know when they need to laugh, or smile, to keep them in the game. The head coach is the law, he is the authority figure, and I just don't think most, if not all, of the Pistons respect Curry enough to listen to him, they might like him, but they don't respect him, and listen when he talks. Just watch them in a timeout if you get a chance, see if they are looking at him, or are they talking to each other, or looking at the fans, laughing, telling jokes. It is a big problem. I heard it said yesterday on the Huge show, a good Michigan sports talk show which I try to listen to a lot, and I have called in a few times, including yesterday about the pistons, and he predicted that Curry will not make it to the all star break. Now I don't know about that, but this team doesn't have a lot of time, so maybe that is true. The problem you need to find a guy with the track record that has the respect of a Larry Brown type, or Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, someone like that, your average coach is not going to get it done, because the Pistons need a guy who can fire them up, and someone they listen to. The Pistons are very very talented, that is still the case, they have the guys that they can get back to the eastern conference finals, and have a chance, but the way they are playing right now, both the Celtics and the Cavs, who I have to admit are playing great basketball right now, would beat them in 5, if not sweep them. I still have faith, and I still will be watching all the game, and waiting for them to turn it around, but I am worried.

I wanted to talk about some of the baseball moves as well, but I got to get going, and get ready for practice, and plus, this is already a really long post, so I will save it till after everything is done. I'm right, you're wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Check out mine sometime ;-)

**********************************
http://nfl-merchandise.blogspot.com/
**********************************