Monday, December 15, 2008

weekend wrap up.. NFL included.

5 minutes left, and up 20 at home, I think I can count the eagals game done, and thus do my NFl recap. I went 11-5 this week, making my year record to 141-83-1. I was right about my upset picks, thank you Texans, and most of all, thank you Andre Johnson. Who saw the bengals game coming? KC almost ruined it for me, but Sd came back, and the rams and hawks was not watchable, but ended close, and I was off on the team... and then there is my giants:

I am getting very worried. I hate to say this, but I have a bad feeling. Almost like the Giants are the Cowboys of last year, and Dallas is the Giants of last year. meaning the team that is up and down and the reg. season, and no one is really excepting much from them, gets hot at the right time, and wins it all. I would be so mad if the Cowboys win it all. The problem is there are talented, and they have had their injuries, now they are getting their guys back and looking good. Jacobs needs to be back, and our O line needs to block. Dallas' front is very good, but they looked like the best of all time Sunday night, and they are not that good. Of course no running game, equals no respect for play action and thus, you get a all out pass rush and Eli runs for his life. I just have to keep reminding myself, they won the super bowl last year, and I said I would give them a year or two, where I wouldn't freak out and be happy. Of course, saying that, I thought they would be 10-6, or so maybe even 9-7. But they started 11-1 and now have lost two in a row. Setting up the game of the year in the NFC. They beat the Panters at home on Sunday night they get the one seed, home field though out, which would be great. Of course the way they have been playing lately I don't think it will matter. But they can still regroup and defend their title.

-The Steelers just find a way to win. Their defense needs to start being mentioned in the 85 bears, 86 giants, 99 ravens group. They are not there yet, since all of those teams won super bowls, but they are very very good.

Really I covered the NFL, at least all I wanted to say, for now.. so lets move on.

-What is up with all the NBA coaching moves so early on. I mean give the guys sometime. I love how the 76ers, who was a lot of people's sexy pick this year, already fired their coach, as did the wizards who have made the playoffs the last few years as well. It is a strange world we live in... Then again, when you give coaches millions of dollars a year, you except good things.

- Same thing with college football, all these quick coaching moves... Turner Gill needs a big job offer, he deserves it, he turned around Buffalo, if you can recruit their, you can do it anywhere. He just won the MAC, cmu did beat them during the reg. season btw, but I move on, and got them to just their second bowl ever, first that they will be playing in, if you don't know the story.. look it up, it's a great one. I am not going to say Auburn's hire had anything to do with race, cause I don't know.. but I am here to tell you, you can see why people would think that, take a coach who has done a great job turning around a program, in not a lot of time, or take a guy who has a below 500 record, ummm..just something to look at.

-One quick, personal note. On Friday, after my high school kids lost to Arthur Hill, the 4th ranked team in the state, I was driving to Walmart to pick up some things for my very soon bride to be, and I was talking to her on the phone, and driving a little too fast around the corner, not really paying attention, where my car hit some ice, and I went in to a kind of ditch, snow break type thing. While I was mad at myself, and trying to get myself out, a few things came to mind. It was amazing to see how many cars would slow down, cause they saw my lights, and then just kept driving. The second car that drove by were two ladies, I would guess at least 35-40, and they tried to help, even offered to drive me somewhere, or to walmart to pick up a shovel, but I called my old roommate Rob, and him and his current roommate Dom, came with a shovel to help get me out. So the two ladies, wished me a merry xmas and went on their way, many other cars past before Rob and Dom got there. Only one of them, a car with a college age couple, stopped. The guy got out and started helping me, and then once Rob and Dom came with the shovel were were able to do some digging, and Dom put some gas to it, as we pushed it out. I am very thankful to Rob and Dom, and the random guy I don't know for helping me. But I am sad at the thought of how many people drove by. I guess long story short, in this time of year, more then any other, but it is a good thing to do always, try to think about that, and be the person who stops, and helps, knowing that if you were in the same spot, you would want people to stop too.

Anyway, that was just something on my mind, that I wanted to get out. I hope to spend a little more time on this soon, and give more basketball, both college and pro, and maybe a little Michigan high school, for those who would care, updates.

One last thing about the Heisman. Congrates to Bradford he had a great year, and I have no problem with him wining. But how in the blue hell was Timbow left off so many ballets. I mean, really. Watch a college football game. We will get a better chance during bowl time, to see these big 12 defenses, and see if they are just that bad, or if some of those offenses were just so good, but how you don't have him in your top three, I have no idea. And for the record, I hate Florida, but if you are voting for a award, you have to look at it non bias. Just thought I would add that before I went to bed for the night. I'm right, you're wrong.