Monday, December 8, 2008

weekend wrap up ( Non NFL)

well we have a lot to get to, so lets get to it. The NFL will be talked about tomorrow after all the games are done for the week.

College Basketball:

Uofm-Duke- Man I should have been there, I was going to go, but my very soon to be wife said I couldn't be gone Friday night and all day Saturday. So I had to choose, go to the pistons game with my high school team that I am assistant coach at, where we had a suite for free for one of the kids birthdays, or go to that game Saturday with the best player in the state, and one very highly recruited kid. Well because the entire team was going Friday, and getting to go to a game and be in a suite is not something that happens a lot, and thinking Duke would win by at least 15, I choose to go to the Pistons game, only to watch them be up 15 and then blow it, to a Brand-less 76er team. Then I watch that game on Saturday, and as it went back and forth, all I could think of, was damn, I should be there. At practice Sunday night, I even said I was sorry to the person who I was going to go with, and who was going to get me free tickets, since Michigan is all over him. Anyway, in the words of coach knight... back to the game. This was 100% what Michigan wanted, Duke shot a lot of jump shots and missed a lot of 3's. Simns stepped up big, and we all know, at least people in the Midwest, that Manny Harris is the real deal. I am telling you, this Michigan team is good. Right now they are looking like a team that is going to go dancing. Two top 5 wins, no bad losses, Duke on a neutral site, and by 5 to a good Maryland team on the road, they will be heard from in the big ten.

OSU-ND- Speaking of teams who will be heard from in the big ten, OSU is good, and they are young, meaning they should only get better as the season goes on. They are also looking like a lock right now, and with Purdue, MSU, and Wis, the big ten might get 5 in this year. With Min or ILL maybe even making a case for 6.

MSU-Bradly- MSU got back to their wining ways after the tough one vs UNC witch was their 4 game in 7 days. They will be fine, Roe will continue to get better as the year goes on and his knee gets stronger and stronger, and once Suton gets back the big ten title still has to go threw the banks of the red cyder. Purdue or MSU are still the favorites even with uofm and osu playing very well right now.

College Football:

OK-FL- The BCS got this right, if you ask me. The two teams who are playing the best right now, and two really good football teams. Get ready for 4 weeks of hype for this one.

USC-PSU- Here is your chance to show that the big ten isn't really bad.. instead USC shows what they always show.. they are sick, and do not lose big games, that they get up for.

Bama-Utah- tough one for the Utes, but if they win, they have a legitimate complaint that they deserve some number one votes in the ap. However, I don't see it happening. I am upset, I wanted to see Texas-Bama, that would be a great game, and if Texas won that would be their best chance for a spilt national champ, and win the Ap vote.

OSU-Texas- Why? how can OSU keep getting BCS games? I know, and I will tell you, it is actually very very simple. Money, that's it, it is all about money. They are a big name program that will travel well and the ratings will be high, even if it is to see them lose. Which they will. Texas should win this game by 20. It isn't that OSU sucks, they are just not a top 10 team.

Cinci-VA Tech- in the who gives a rat ass bcs game, I will be cheering for the bearcats, only so BK will then leave and take some other job, if not, he will be gone after next year, he will not stay past that. I promise you all that.

Boise State go robed.

MSU-UGA- Wow, Michigan State you had a great year,record wise, where you beat no good teams, and your only two games against decent to good teams you got killed, your reward, a bowl game vs UGA, who was a national title pick in the start of the year, and is mad. Way to go. I like MSU, and always have, but they have as much chance in this game, as I do in getting a call from coach K right now asking me to be his top assistant. They are going to get rolled. I will be cheering for them, but they need a lot more then that.

CMU-Fl atlantic- For the 3rd year in a row my chippewas are going to the motor city bowl. This year is a little different in that we didn't just play at ford field in the mac title game, but we still get to go back to the bowl were we have set attendance records the last two years. I don't think it will be a 3rd. One last year we had a rematch with Purdue, big ten team, travel better, bigger game. This year, a 6-6 fl atl team. Now I don't know anything about them, I will be honest, maybe they are good, and maybe they will beat us. But I don't see that happening, I see it being about the same, if not worse then when we played middle tenn state in 06 and won 31-14. we have had a up and down year, but this would be a nice way to end it. The sr deserve to go out with a win. 3 bowl games in a row for our program is great, and has never happened before.

MAC Love- the MAC actually has 5 teams in bowls this year, so good luck to NIU, BSU,and Buffalo, I will be cheering for you, as for western, I can't cheer for you, but I will wish you well.

NBA:

Pistons- Real quick.. win a damn game on Sunday please. 0-5 on Sunday, 11-3 on every other day... wow.

I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: