Monday, December 29, 2008

NFL reg. season over

well after going 10-6 this week, I finish the reg. season with a 160-95-1 record. The Pats had a great year and really showed how great of a coach they have, going 11-5 without Brady and many other injuries but still don't make the playoffs. Meanwhile two 8-8 teams did. Lets look at the playoff match ups quickly.

ATL at ARZ- Should be a good game, two teams who are built to play inside in a warm dome. So it should be a good game for both to let their offensives shine. Since it is at home, I really like the Cards in this one, early pick, Cards win 28-21

PHI at Viks- I know it is in Minn, but the way the Eagles looked this week, and with Jackson your qb, he is going to get blitz so much, they may need to play JDB before the game is done. I want the Viks to win, cause I would rather have my Giants play the Cards or Falcons then the Eagles right now, but I don't see it happening. Phi wins 24-14

IND at SD- What a big time match up in the wild card round. Both teams are on a roll right now and I like both of them. This is a tough one for me. I want to go with the home team, but the Colts are looking like the Colts of old, so I will give it to them 28-24

Bal at Mia- What a great turnaround for the Dolphins, a true feel good story. They have had a great year, but the Ravens D is too good and Falco does what he has to to win the game. Even on the road the Ravens come in and win 17-10


The worst thing about the off season, for most teams, starting, the Brett Farve watch, will he play or will he retire watch has started, and it drives me crazy. Just retire and go away, and please, everyone stop talking about it, he is 39 and isn't a good qb anymore, 22 td and 22 int, anyone else with those numbers get any attention at all, no, they would be cut, or they would be backing up.


In other news, Uconn-G-town tonight, I am looking forward to that one.. big Monday is back, yes. Also my Chippewas play at Ken, lets hope they keep it close. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: