Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Top 10 of 2008

OK, well I will admit, I just thought about doing this, so I know I am going to leave out a lot of things, but I will try my best to remember the best I can. The Top ten sports moments, for me, for 2008. I would love to hear your list, and what I forgot.


1) Giants win the super bowl- For me it isn't even close, this is number one by a lot. My sports year got off to a great start.

2) Tiger's US Open win- on one leg, 91 holes, making all those big putts when he needed to, he is just so great, he makes golf worth watching. Without him, most of the year I haven't watch any golf, but that US open will always stand out.

3) Phelps Gold's- All of them, but mainly the first one in the relay, and the last one. I really caught Olympic fever this year, and Phelps was a big reason why.

4) TB Rays- So they didn't win it all, but what a season, coming for no where, actually they came from somewhere, the bottom, to win the AL east, and then to make it to the world series, what a great sports story. Then the story gets better for some, because Phili won a title again, their first in the 4 major sports since 83.

5) Boston-LA NBA Finals- Yeah I am a Pistons fan, and a big one, so it did hurt me to see my Pistons lose AGAIN, in the conference finals, but if there is to be any other finals match up and the Pistons can't be in it, then I want Lakers-Celtics, just because of the great history in that series. The fans, all the great players, and as much as I hate to admit it, the NBA is better when the Celtics are good.

6) The Redeem team-Just because the gold medal in men's basketball is back to where it belongs. We got great players, to go with some very good players who did their roles well, guys where not about the name on the back, but the name on the front, and it showed. They played hard and played well. It was a great tournament to watch.

7) Kansas-Memphis- Kansas comes back and wins a great game in OT. The terrible free throw shooting for the Tigers finally catches up to them in a game that they should have won and had a chance to ice at the line. That's why they are called Free throws, you are suppose to make more then 50% of them.

8) Davidson.. ok Steph Curry- I will admit, I have known about him for a few years because I love college basketball, so Steph reached "boy" status with me awhile ago. But during last seasons NCAA tournament he made believers of everyone else. I will admit I didn't think he could do what he did, he had some help, but he was doing a lot by himself. I was just mad because they had to play Gonzaga in the 1st round, who I am a fan of, so it was sad that they had to lose, but then beating G-town, and then I was at ford field for their sweet 16 win vs Wisconsin, which was great, so that was a great sports moment this year, and I think the fact that I was at the sweet 16 game, is why it still stands out with me as a top moment, and will be something I remember for a long time.

9) Red Wins win the cup again-The cup comes back to Hockey town. I am not a wings fan, and I really don't follow hockey at all until the playoffs, but I wanted to add this for the 5 or 6 true hardcore hockey fans left in the world.. does anyone know when their season starts? wait, what, it started when, are you sure?

10) CMU-WMU football- I added a very very personal one. Being able to be on the sidelines, well tech. behind the end zone, but on the field, to watch my Alma mater play our biggest rival and win by 10 as my best friend on the team, and one of the few guys I still know on the team, Brain Brunner, our backup QB gets to start and play the entire game due to injury and leads us to a big 10 point win. It was such a great game and it is something I know, personally, I know no one else cares, I will remember for a long time.


ok, so what did I forget, what personal moments do you throw in that means a lot for you? I want to know. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: