Monday, July 20, 2009

Back home.. thank god

I was in Texas since Wednesday and got back home last night, here are a few random thoughts for no reason at all.


-It is really really hot in Texas

-Austin is a really cool city

-Whataburger may be the greatest thing ever

-the UT campus is very nice

-I really wish I visited Austin a few years ago, when I was single and childless, so I could have some real fun on 6th street

-It is way too damn hot in Texas

-People in Texas do not know the Love Shack dance.... so I taught it to them

-My wife loves breakfast burritos

-If our hotel didn't have a pool, I may have died

-It is so hot in Texas even with 5 days of eating lots of foods that are bad for you, I still lost a couple of pounds

-My daughter loves the water, and did great being in the pool with me and my wife

-Did I mention it is hot in Texas



Second half of the baseball season started, a few bad things, Tigers got swept by the Yanks, the white sox are charging hard, and you know the Twins will not go away. it will come down to the end. With Zum Zum now hurt, for who knows how long, now we really need some bullpen help... also, one of my fantasy teams is doing well, and the other isn't. I really need to get it going, because the one that isn't is the one with money on the line. Lets go boys. I'm right, you're wrong.

2 comments:

drewkotowski said...

I hear everything is bigger in Texas, sounds like the thermometers have to be. As for our Tigers, I think I agree with Mr. Gammons, that we are more likely to go after a bat than a pitcher, though we could use both. I think we can make a play of someone off the Orioles, but I also think Miguel Tejada would be a great lift for us, especially if Houston bottoms out over the next 10 days.

sman said...

We have the hitting on our roster, we just need Mags to come back to old form, maybe last night's grand slam will help, or not.. I think bull pen help is much needed now, but if we got a big bat to but behind manny jr, I will not be upset