Friday, July 24, 2009

Why mess with a good thing

Dear NFL (and I know ESPN had A LOT to do with this too),
You know the saying if it's not broke don't fix it, that was the NFL draft. Key word, was. It was prefect. A wonderful weekend in April were we had baseball, NBA and NHL playoffs, and the NFL draft. You sit down at noon, order a pizza, get a cold one or two, and not move the entire day from the set. It is one of the best sports weekends of the year. This year they started their quest to ruin it, by pushing it back to 3:30pm. Well yesterday we learned next year, they are finishing what they started. The NFL draft will begin on Thursday night with the first round only on prime time. Then Friday night will have the second and third rounds, with the 4th though 7th being on Saturday. I can't tell you how upset this makes me. Why, why ruin a prefect sports weekend. Ratings, money, I hope the ratings go down, and they lose money. Of course this will not happen, because it's the NFL, they could have their draft on at 5am and they would still get millions to watch. We love our football. A while ago I joked around with my friends about this, having a prime time draft, and going as far as having the first 5 picks one night and then so on. It was a joke, we were being funny. Now the NFL is heading in that direction. Prime time Thursday night, 1st round only. Wow, I mean, I am so upset about this, words can not do it justice. I would love to say I am not going to watch it now, but I can't back that up, of course I will. I have to, it's the NFL draft, I just wish they kept it like it was. Why do all the good things end, if it's not broke, don't fix it. damn it
signed
steve schwanda


I needed that, now, forgetting about that terrible news, I am very happy that the Tigers won both games of the double dip today against the White Sox, and are again up 2 games in the AL central. I just hope they keep this going for the rest of the weekend. Carlos was back and went 2-3 with a home run, that is a great sign, but I still don't know if we can relay on him being the differences maker. They need to make a move, and they are running out of time, and guys, to get. Matt Holliday went to the Cards today, which is just sick. Talk about protection for Albert. I hope my Cubs can find a way to win the central, but I don't see how they can now. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: