Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Top ten Tuesday (July 14th)

With the All Star game today, the top ten list today was a easy pick.

Top Ten Baseball players in the game today:

1) Albert Pujols- no question, this is the easy one

2) Joe Mauer- maybe a little high, but he is one of the best hitters in the AL, and a catcher, he is amazing

3) Tim Lincecum- young, and has some great stuff

4) Roy Holladay- Best pitcher right now in the AL IMO

5) Hanley Ramirez- Besides the fact that I love him, because he is on both of my fantasy teams for the second year in a row, but he is a great player, and still very young, that is why I have him here at 5

6) A-Rod- Still feared and can get the job done, until October.

7) Zach Greinke- Has cooled off a little after his hot start, but he is still the second best pitcher in the AL

8)Ichiro- can do it all, 200 hits a year is a given, not too much power, but best lead off hitter and one of the best outfielders in the game

9) Dustin Pedroia- He was the MVP last year, so maybe this is a little low, but I am still not a big fan of his.

10) The Phils 3- I'm cheating, I can't pick one, so I will put Howard, Utley and Rollins here. The 3 of them together is scary. I guess overall I would pick Utley if I had to pick just one, because Ryan doesn't really hit for avg, but it's my blog, so I am keeping all 3.


Let me know what you think of the list. I'm right, you're wrong

2 comments:

drewkotowski said...

Nice list but not complete. I don't agree with Lincecum. Good at a young age but he fell apart last night. He's not ready for pressure situations. I've always been a big fan of Mr. Greinke but he's still a Royal. And where is the home town love, Miguel doesn't make it. Tsk Tsk.

sman said...

he wasn't even an all star I didn't want to be a homer, plus, though his defense is getting better, he still isn't a great 1b. It is a hard list, no question