Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm starting to get a feeling

I almost don't want to write this, and jinx it, but the way the Tigers came back tying the game in the 9th off Jenks and then wining in the 10th, 4-3, to take a 3 game lead now in the Central, it made me think back to the magically season of 2006. Where the Tigers won the AL, and got to the world series. These our the types of games you win, where everything is going your way. You find ways to win games even when the other teams starter is pinching very well, and Gavin Floyd did that today. They hung in, and kept it close, and even when the White Sox took a 3-2 lead, they battled back, and tied the game at 3 with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. Granderson is down 0-2 and gets a game tying rbi, those are the things that makes me believe that the Tigers will win the Central. Normally I would expect him to strike out on a breaking ball, but no, Thames has a broken Bat single, Clete goes from first to third on it. Just everything is going our way right now, and I love it. And I am really scared at the same time. In baseball it changes quickly. Look at what happened right before this big 4 game series started, the White sox just tied for the division lead by having a prefect game, and the Tigers lost 2 of 3 at home to Seattle. Things were not looking good at all. But two short days, and 3 wonderful games later, the lead is back to 3, and I am very excited, that things are looking up. Carlos has come back and giving the Tigers a nice spark, he may be the jolt they needed, getting him back, is basically making a big trade, without making one. You get a switch hitting outfielder back just in time. I don't know if he will be the long term answer, but for now, he has been a big help. I have no reason not to be upbeat right now, so upbeat is what I will be. Tomorrow's game, almost, noticed, I said almost, I still want to win, doesn't matter. If the Tigers do win, they are up 4 games, which is sweet, but even if they don't, they still take 3 out of 4 and are still up 2 games, so either way the White Sox are leaving town in second place. I just hope they stay there. They do scare me, and I also believe the Twins will not go away. But if you can be in a race, playing meaningful games in July and August, what more can you ask for as a sports fan... well besides wining the division and playing meaningful games in September and October, but there is a long way to go. I still would feel better if the Tigers got some bull pen help, but for now, today, I am happy. I'm right, you're wrong.

3 comments:

Trevor said...

ryan raburn can kiss my ass! i cant believe that ball he booted in the game today, it was a disgrace to the game, he is overrated and needs to be dealt if anyone wants him... i am also very excited tho for the rest of the season, should get interesting

Dane said...

Well, get ready for the Sanchez and Duke show sman! Hopefully they will get one or both in the next couple of days. That would boost our bench for this year, our lineup for next year and our pitching for the stretch run which we will be going to a 4 man rotation, right Schwanda?!

sman said...

ha, that's right, I would be happy with thoes moves. This is all you need to know about Raburn, my wife likes him, because she thinks he is cute... translation: he can't be very good, if the only thing people notice about him is his looks. I hope Carlos keeps giving us a spark, and also, not leaving a bunch of guys on base like last night, would also be fantastic