Saturday, March 13, 2010

Conference tournaments

I love them. They are great, I have heard some people talk about expanding the big dance to 96 teams and then getting ride of conference tournaments, I don't want that to happen. That can't happen, and I don't think it will, because of money. Even if the tournament does expand, they need to keep the conference tournaments. It gives everyone a chance, and it is great to see games even in the bcs conferences where teams that know they are in have to fight through playing a team that knows they have to win the conference tournament to get in. Just yesterday you see a bunch of good games because of it. In the big ten alone, you had OSU, a damn good team, need a 38-40 footer from ET at the buzzer to beat Michigan by one, ILL beats Wisconsin, putting them in for sure imo, and Minn beating MSU. I think if Minn beats Purdue today, they are in as well. Conference tournaments are what is great about college sports. You don't have to beat a team that is more talented then you, or have more wins then you 4 out of 7 times, you only need to beat them once. That is what makes it so fun. I could talk about this a lot more, but there are way too many games on today and I need to get back to them.


Quick congrats to my Mt P boys that I help coach who won their 5th district title in a row. We will have a hard game against Flint Northwestern on Monday, but I believe in my guys. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: