Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lot to get to

I haven't posted in awhile and I am sorry to the 5 or 6 people who read this, at least I hope there is at least that many. I will be posting more now that the home season for CMU is over, and thus sadly so is my marketing job. I really loved it, and was happy to see more people coming to the games this year, and I can only wish I had at least a little to do with it.

Anyway, USA did all they could but Canada did win the goal in what was a great game. I just wish anyone else besides Sid the diving kid scored the winning goal. I would have rather lost 8-0 then let him score the game winner. Because the worst part is, all the hype is actually legit. He is 22 and has a gold medal and a ring. It just makes me sick. Very good game though and a good tournament. The truth is, Canada should have won because they just care more, you can talk about it all you want, how much it would mean to the USA if we would have won the gold, but really, we would have celebrated for a few days, and then moved on to college basketball, and spring training and listening to Mel and Todd break down tape of 20 to 23 year olds and forgot all about it. Admit it, you would. Canada would have been upset about it for years, and kept thinking back to it. The bottom line is they are better at it then us, because they care more, period. We played well, and our team did a great job, but still the best athletes from our country are not growing up wishing they could win gold in hockey.. sorry they just are not. I like hockey, and I was glad the Wings beat the avs last night, but lets not try to make this what it isn't.

As for everything else in those games, I really just followed hockey, sorry, curling didn't do it for me, I know I am alone on this, but I don't see it.

MSU got a nice win at Purdue, it's too bad RH got hurt. Purdue is still a good team, but they are not a final four team without him, they very well could have got their with him.

Even with them both loosing, and Cuse being number one, I still think Kansas is the best team in the nation and Kentucky is second. I personally don't like Cuse, I love Walter Johnson, but I don't think they have what it takes, and I don't like any team that all they play is a 2-3 zone.. just wait for a second round match up against a hot shooting team, and they are down... but no real picks until I see the brackets.

This is just a great time of year, my high school team has their sr night tonight, as we go for our 15th win in a row, then districts start Monday, college conference tournaments are right around the corner, and I really think the week of college tournaments to the end of the 1st weekend of March Madness is the best two weeks in sports. You have so much passion and so many teams giving all they have because they know they need to win their conference tournament to get in, that is why I love the non bcs tournaments better then the "big boys" well besides this year, where the PAC-10 tournament is a win and your in only tournament too... god that conference sucks this year.

I am just really looking forward to the next few weeks, and then after the season AAU starts, and I really really love coaching AAU as well. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: