Monday, March 22, 2010

what a weekend

By now everyone has seen the games and heard and read what all the "experts" have to say, but I love college basketball way too much not to talk about that first weekend.


Wow, that is really all that should be said, but I will go on......

It took one game, one, all the basketball I watch, between 2-6 games a night, coaching basketball at the middle school, high school and AAU levels, and still one game was all it took for me to ruin my prefect bracket, as ODU beat ND by one. The funny thing is, I should have known. You can look back at my blog a week or two ago and I wrote about how the big east was overrated, and wasn't that good, besides Cuse, Nova, Pitt, and WVU. And already Nova and Pitt are out. The Pitt lost hurt the most, since I had them in the final four, and my wife had X beating them, so when that happened, I lost my bracket challenged to my wife. I have two final four teams left, but they are the same two that she has, and I am down 4 points, so I can not win. My wife is much much smarter then me about everything, except sports, she doesn't like sports, you could even say she hates it, yet, she is going to beat me in a college basketball bracket. Basketball is my life, I feel so ashamed. The worst part, I even wrote about the big east being overrated and then what do I do. Pick ND, Marquette, G-town, Nova, Pitt, and WVU all to make the sweet 16. WVU was the only one who did. Cuse killed Gonzaga to ruin that for me, but I want to let the record show it did start out how I thought the game would go. The Zags did give them trouble inside and got them in foul trouble, the problem, the Zags couldn't make a 3 pointer to save themselves, and Cuse couldn't miss.

I must say I was way wrong about the Big 12, Baylor and A&M are both better then I thought they were. I am shocked, just shocked Kansas lost. I like Northern Iowa, and they are good, but I can't believe Kansas lost, I must say, I didn't see that coming at all. I thought MSU, if they were 100% could beat them, because of Izzo's record vs Self, and this is his time of year, but not for a second did I see Norther Iowa beating them.

MSU vs Maryland was just sick, what a game, I am so happy MSU won, but feel bad for Maryland.

Big ups to Washington playing well, they have talent and they are finally playing like it

Murry State, No Iowa, of course, Cornell, St Mary's, are holding it down, great work by them.

I don't know if it was the best first weekend ever, but it was the best I have ever seen. So many good games, close games, a few buzzer beaters and some really good upsets... how can you not love college basketball?

I still think Ken will lose at some point in this tournament, they have the most talent left, but I don't see them ready to make the run they need.

With my bracket done I will just be rooting for all the upsets, and MSU. It will be very tough without Lucas, but if they can get Allen and Roe back a little healthier, I think they can still beat Northern Iowa, and then Izzo knows enough about OSU, to find a way to beat them, but I don't know if they can do it. I will do my new picks, later this week.

Enjoy the rest of your week. I'm right, you're wrong.... remember, you can always email any questions to me at schwa1sa@cmich.edu, to be put in my mail bags.

No comments: