Tuesday, September 16, 2008

NFL Week 2 recap

well after going 11-5 in the first week, I fell off to 9-6 this week. Still not too bad, but lets look at some more things in detail. In no order what so ever:

- The Jags are killing me. I thought they would have a great year, spilt with the Colts lose one or two more games tops and be a really strong team. So far they have not looked it, and unlike some other teams, they really don't have any built in excuses, they are just not playing well. I still think they can turn it around, and I still think they will find a way to make the playoffs, but they need to play better, and they need to start now.

-The Chargers are killing me worse. Here is a team that I really liked going in to the year, in fact after Brady's injury I think I picked them to go to the Super Bowl. Sure they got screwed over last week, but they still had chances to stop them on 3rd and 4th and goal, plus the 2 pointer, so they can only blame their defense for that loss. Mistakes happen, The refs didn't make half as many as the Chargers D has the first two weeks. They need to play better, a lot better. I think they will, I think they will right the ship and spank the Jets on Monday night this week, but I am getting ahead of myself, my week 3 picks will be done on Thursday.

-The Viks have issues. OK, so only one real issue and that is their QB. Letting a 15-0 lead go away at home. Settling for field goals came back to hunt them, it really looks like they don't have a qb, that is what their game plain tries to tell us, not let him manage the game, I think it is, hand the ball off, and please stay out of the way, and lets hope our defense holds on, with the way the Packers are playing, they might not even make the playoffs... I still like them to come back and win the division

-The Colts will be fine, their offense woke up just in time, and I see them getting closer to their old self and they will be back in the playoffs, and they will win the division again.

-My Giants look great, too bad it's because they played the Rams who might even make the Lions look good. Man they are bad. This week they got the Bengals, talk about a gift for the defending champs, lets start you off with a home game against a first year coach, then two cupcakes, enjoy. I see them putting up 35 points plus again this week, which I hope will help my fantasy teams.

-I hope everyone doesn't get hurt falling off the Brett Farve bandwagon. The Jets are so good, they will make the playoffs, and might even win the division now with Farve. Please. I tried to tell you that the Pats will be fine, and that the Jets are not that good. See what happens when you don't listen. I am sure there are a lot of other people who still thought the Pats would win that game, but I did hear a lot of Jet picks going in. Casell will continue to do what he needs to do, and they will keep winning games, like I said last week in my week 2 picks, instead of beating teams 35-10, they will beat teams 17-10, well I was close, they won 19-10. Sorry, my bad. The Pats will win that division, though the Bills have looked good so far, and they will make it to at least the AFC title game.

-KC, the Rams, Lions, Oakland, Cinci and the Dolphins, should have their own division, and just play each other for a year or two, give them some time to grow, get their confidence back up. They are just bad. All of them. Or even better, take all the good players off those 6 teams, and make one team, and let the other 5 go. Think Carson would be the qb, stephen jackson the rb, roy, calvin, tj, bowe, plus ochio cinco, in the best wide out group ever, between the 6 of them, they can find 5 good O and D lineman, I really like this idea, I really think it could work. OK, not really, lets just make their fans suffer some more.

Right now, that is all I have, I am sure I will think of more later. Just happy football is back, and even happier that basketball is close to being back too. After two weeks I am 20-11 in my picks, not that great, but not too bad either, I think I can do better, we shall see. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: