Thursday, September 25, 2008

week 4 NFL picks

It's Thursday already, I am pumped. So happy the weekend is almost here. Well though 3 weeks I am 31-17, not too bad. So here we go my week 4 picks.

byes: cots, pats, giants, seahawks, lions and mia.


Arz at NYJ- I like the Cards in this game, we will see if Farve's ankle is ok, but either way I like this game to be entertaining, and high scoring. Cards win 31-27

ATL at Car- The Panters will bounce back from last weeks loss, and Atlanta will come back to eath after their HUGE, lol, win over KC. Panters 24-14

Was at Dal- The Cowboys have more talent and are at home, easy pick, Cowboys win 31-17

GB at TB- in the battle of the Bays, I have to give it to Tampa because they are at home, and I did pick them in my preseason picks. This is the one game I feel the worst about, I would not be shocked if the Packers won, and if I had to put money on a team to win, I would bet the Packers, but I will keep with my preseason pick. Bucks win 21-17 in a close well fought game.

Min at Tenn- Here is another one where I will live and die with my preseason picks. The Titans are playing great right now, and are at all. But the Viks did look a little better last week and they want to get back to 500. So not very smart of me, I will stick with them and pick the Viks to win 17-14

SF at NO- no shockey, no coltson, vs the 49ers no problem. Both defenses need some work, so I think some points will be scored in this game, but the home team will win. Saints win 31-21

Phi at Chi- The bears have lost two close games, but the Engals look good, there is a big question mark with westbook and mcnab, but I think mcnab at least will play and be fine. In a great defensive game, the Engels go to chi town and win 14-10

Buf at STL- Do I really need to say anything. The Rams have been playing terrible, and the Bills have been one of the better surprises in the NFL. Name a score... of course after mia-ne last week strangers things have happened, but I don't think the panic move to start Trent green will work, Bills roll 28-10

Bal at Pit- The Ravens have been playing well, but the Steelers are mad after last week and this is a big divisional game. No Willie Parker makes it tougher but I still like the Steelers at home in a ugly one 14-6

Cle at Cin- The Browns have to win this game right. Though the Bengals did look better last week and played well against my Giants, and they are at home. But if the Browns lose this they are down, having already lost to the Ravens and Steelers they need a divisional win, hell they need any win. They find a way, last year this game was a shoot out, maybe more of the same, but not as much. Browns win 31-28

Den at KC- It is in KC, yeah that will not matter, Denver will roll. I think their defense is even good enough to stop KC's offense, that's how bad their offense is. Denver wins 35-10

Hou at Jags- Jags saved their season last week with that last second fg win at indy, now they come home and keep rolling. Just let A Johnson get at least one td, and 100 yards, thanks. jags win 24-10

SD at Oak- Will this be the game that Lane gets fired after it, going in to their bye week next week. Oh yeah, I like it, going out on no limb at all, Chargers roll and Lane gets fired by Monday, Tuesday at the latest, if Al Davis wants him to go through all the after game presser, and then fire him. Which would be classic Al Davis. Chargers win 28-10

Well lets see how we do, in the first week there are byes in the NFL, and some big teams, who need them, have them.

Let me quickly mention Bucks Kicker Matt Bryant, who's infant son passed away yesterday, as I am sure everyone has heard by now. Having a 10 month old daughter, I can not even Begin to image the pain that he and the rest of his family are going though. My thoughts and prayers are with him and the entire Bryant family, I hope, that he is allowed all the time he needs, football should, and I am sure it is, be the last thing on his mind right now. So sad. Sometimes it is good to remember it is just a game, and that their are more important things. I'm right, you're wrong... sorry I forget it last time DK... Here's to hoping your Mets hold on.

No comments: