Tuesday, September 9, 2008

week one recap

So now that all the games of the NFL's first week is done, lets recap. I went 11-5 on my picks, not too bad, but not that great either. Of course the big story is Tom Brady being out for the year. Let me say this, I do feel bad about my super bowl pick now, but I do not think they will just fold. They still have plenty of talent. I also think this will help show lots and lots of people either how good Brady is, or if he is just a product of having a great team around him. Cause if Cassel comes in and they don't miss a beat, go 13-3 and win the super bowl, we know Brady is overrated. However, if they struggle a lot, maybe miss the playoffs or just get in, we will know truly how good Brady is. Sometimes you can find more about how great a player is when he is not playing, and I believe this is one of those times. For the record I still think they will win the division, I am not buying the Jets cool aid. The Bills looked great week one, but I am not putting too much in that either. So super bowl, I don't like the Pats still getting there and winning it, I now like the Chargers, yeah I know they lost week one, but I think they will find a way, since this year may be their best chance, and I will stick with the Saints of course in the NFC. Vince Young's injury hurts them a little, but Kerry can come and and win, or maybe just manage some games for them, so I don't think that will effect them. I didn't have them in the playoffs anyway, and I still don't, even though they played very well. It's just week one people, relax. The Colts, Jags, Chargers, Seahawks, and Viks will all be fine, and all make the playoffs. Also we saw why teams needs to play their starters a little more in the preseason. A lot of rust, there was not a lot of high level of football being played. I know some was due to injuries which is why they didn't play, but if you are not going to use the time to get ready for the season, then why have it. Sure you don't want anyone getting hurt in the preseason, but what's the differences if someone gets hurt in the 3rd preseason game, or in the 1st quarter of week one. They are still hurt and still done for the year. Mac love to Mr. Turner, man he had a great game, the Lions are just bad. They looked like a team who thought they were really good, thought they would have no problem winning, and they just got rolled. I don't think the Falcons are that good at all, and maybe the Lions are not that bad, but both teams are not making the playoffs, and I was upset that I had to watch it, since I live in Michigan. The Bears defense looked great, some may have been on how rusty the Colts Offense was, but if avoid injuries that team can be good, because of how great that defense is, if the offense doesn't turn the ball over, they are going to have a shot in a lot of games, and that division may not be just handed to the Viks. It's great that the NFL is back. On Thursday I will do my week 2 picks. I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: