Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Week 3 NFL recap

Well all 16 games were played this week, and I went 10-6. So my 3 week total would be 31-17. Not too bad at all. My viks pick worked out for me, which was good, and the Saints would have if Martin didn't feel like missing a fg in the final minutes, thanks man. The Browns, Colts, Lions, and of course the Pats really screwed me. The Colts had it, and then just gave it away, so I was really close to going 12-4, but 10-6 isn't too bad. A few things that come to mind when I look at the NFL 3 weeks in:

- The AFC is messed up, I am not sold yet on the Bills, or Ravens, I think the Titans will be heard from, but end up just missing the playoffs. I fully expect, pitt, sd, indy, jags, and the pats still all 5 of them being in the playoffs. Those were the 5 best teams coming in, in my mind, and I still think they will be there in the end, they just have some work to do, since 2 of them are 2-1, one with a really bad loss, and the other 3 are 1-2. But then the last spot is going to come down to the Bills, Titans, Ravens, Texans, and Browns. One of those 5 will get it. I picked the Browns in the beginning of the year, even though I didn't want to, I didn't like them, and told everyone who would listen that going in to the year, that I thought they would have a big drop off, I just didn't like anyone else either, but now, I have changed my mind, and I am going out on a limb. The Ravens D will get them in, and the Bills will just miss it on a tie breaker or something, and will be the first team left out.

-The NFC East is sick- A friend of mine talked to me about this not too long ago and he had a take that the NFC east isn't that good, but merely every other division has at least one really bad team in it, and the east has average teams, but since they are competitive against the rest of the league people just think they are better then they actually are. Well I listened to that, thought it was interesting, but after 3 weeks, I am here to say, I do not agree at all with that. The Cowboys, talent wise are by far the best team in the NFC, so they will again win 12 or 14 games and then lose their first playoff game to keep me happy. The Engals defense is sick, if you don't believe me, ask big Ben and the Settlers, and even after giving up 40 to the cowboys they hold Pit to no TD's only 6 days later. Which also shows you how good the cowboys offense is, and also that the Steelers need to run the ball and control the clock, or they are in trouble. The Skins rebounded from week one and their offense looks better, and they could beat any team in the NFC west easily. Then there is my NY Football Giants. Who didn't look great against the Bengals, but they won, and the Bengals played much better, and much harder. They have had a easy road, but two teams 3-0, and two teams 2-1, that is by far the best division not only in the NFC but in football, and both wild card teams will again come from that division, just write it down, remember it, do something with it.

- Please everyone again, don't hurt yourself getting off the Brett Farve bang wagon, thank you

-How much must it suck to be a football fan in the state of Missouri, thank god for Saturday, since mizzu is good, but man KC and the Rams may be the two worst teams in the NFL in a long long time.

-That is if it wasn't for the Lions. I just love how after their GREAT, ha, 4-0 preseason, people around here were happy, pumped, mad at sports writers and talk show host who only gave them 5 wins. The way this team looks, if they win 5 games it would be the best coaching job in the history of the NFL, I mean they are just bad, I wish i had more money so I could afford Sunday ticket and not be forced to watch their game on FOX every Sunday here in Michigan, thank god for their bye week this week, I can have a nice relaxing Sunday, and not have to watch that, and also not read the following text messages from friends of mine;
" They ruin my Sundays."
" I have given up on this team."
"Man we suck."
"I want to get people to stop buying Lions stuff so Ford sells the team."
"go to fthelions.com to join the fight."
"you got to believe." (during the comeback against the Packers.)
"F *ck." (after the first pick.)
"1,000 to the person who kills Kinta." ( after the second pick.)
and many more, but you get the idea. I still like my idea I had last week, combine the bad teams to form one team that could actually compete.

-My fantasy teams will not win this week, thanks to the colts, pats, giants all having byes, as well as the Lions, Seahawks, and Mi.

-I can't believe the Pats lost by that much. Going in to the game, you would have to call that one of the biggest upsets in the NFL in a long long time. Yeah the Pats didn't have Brady, but they just beat the Jets on the road the week before, and now was coming home to play the Dolphins. They had won 21 reg. season games in a row, during that time, want to guess the Dolphins record, 1-20, yeah that's right, 1-20, and they destroyed them, I mean it wasn't some fluke play at the end, they killed um. I do expect them to come back after the bye week and be ready to go, and like I said, I will stick with it. The Pats will win that division.

- I am stupid, sorry to adaui, jones drew and Forte was benching you because of match ups, to go with Jacobs vs cinci C Johnson, and R Bush, it seemed like a good idea at the time, Bush worked out, but my bad on the others, even though they scored td's for me, they got no yards.. so I am sorry. Please forgive me.

Other then that, Freddie Garcia's second start for the Tigers tonight, so I am pumped, maybe I will do another running timeline. Also I am pumped for a few things coming up, no one cares, but it is my blog, so who asked you, I am writing them down anyway.

sat sep 27- cmu home game vs buffalo- pre tailgate, a little pong or baseball, best drinking game ever, then of course tailgate and the game, go fire up chips
tue sep 30- forgetting sarah marshall comes out- great movie, can't wait
sat oct 4- my buddy greg's wedding
sat oct 11- hc at cmu vs temple, lots of friends back for that game, enough said
sat oct 18- central/western weekend, always a great time, especially when CMU wins, like we have the last two years, and this year we will make it 3 in a row, which is long in that rivalry since the home team almost always wins, in fact western has won once in k/s since the late 70's. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: