Wednesday, September 3, 2008

NFL Week one picks

The NFL stars tomorrow, and like most everyone, I am pumped. Especially because it starts with my favorite team, The NY Giants, on prime time, so I can actually watch them play. Now I do not think they are going to repeat, I will just say that now, I don't think that makes me less of a fan, just a little more realistic. But they won last year, so they get a pass for a year or two, before I freak out too much. Now to my picks. Unless said other wise, these picks are from a few weeks ago, when I went through the entire schedule and picked each game as a separate season, just looking at that one game, who would I think would win. Which did make teams overall records messed up, but my picks remain in the NFC No and Dallas byes, Viks and Seahawks win their divisions, and the Giants and Engels are the wild card, with the Saints, I like them a lot this year, winning the NFC. In the AFC, Pats and Colts byes, Pitt and SD winning their divisions and the jags, and browns, by default, I don't like them at all, winning the wild card. With the Pats winning the AFC and beating the Saints in the Super Bowl 28-17. Now without further ado, my week one NFL Picks, with a score throw out for fun:

Arz at SF- wow this one should be fun, get your tivo's ready, I like the cards, 35-24

Det at ATL- we found a game the Lions can win, against the Falcons starting a rookie qb in his first game. I am so mad I live in Michigan and one of the games I will be watching Sunday is this peace of crap. Lions win 28-14

Car at SD- the Chargers have some question marks, a lot of people are liking the Panthers, for some reason, not me, NOT SO FAST, the super chargers will win 27-14

Chi at Ind- Peyton hasn't played in the preseason, oh, I am so worried, yeah right, doesn't matter. The Colts open the new doom, officially, in style, Colts win 35-17

Dal at Cle- I hate the cowboys, but in the reg. season they are good. Browns have some questions with injuries, plus people expect them to be good, can't come up and surprise people this year. Dallas wins 31-21

Min at GB- I like the Viks to win the division, so you would think I would pick them here, but week one, Monday night, at home, I think the team will rally behind pour mr Rodgers and the Pack will win 24-17

TB at NO- I am a little worried since the saints have been in Indy all week practicing. But I really like this team a lot this year, and I think they will get the job done. Saints win 28-17

Was at NYG- Should be a great game. But at Giants Stadium, rings out, crowd pumped, the Giants will find a way to win this game. Giants win 28-24

STL at Phi- I picked the Engels to win the wild card, I think I picked the Rams to win a game or two, and it isn't this one. Engels big 31-14

Sea at Buff- if it was January I might lean a little bit more to the Bills, but going to Buffalo in September, doesn't scare anyone. Seahawks win 24-14

Cin at Bal- so many questions and problems for the Bengals. Not to mention they cut my buddy Keift cause he is always hurt. Ravens win 17-14 in a hard game to watch

Den at Oak- some people like the Raiders, I think Mcfadden and co are going to struggle, mainly cause Jamarcus is not ready. Even in Oakland, Denver wins 24-14

Hou at Pit- for a few years I have liked Houston, and gotten burned, maybe this is their year, but I am not falling for them again. The Steelers win 28-17

Jags at Tenn- I love the Jags, and I don't really like Vince Young, put those two things together. Jags win 21-10

KC at NE- Get ready for big spreads to start again. This will be bad, they have no chance. Pats win 35-10, and I am being nice.

NYJ at Mia- I would love nothing more if chad and the fish beat Farve and the jets, I am not sold on the Jets at all, I don't think Farve will have a big year, in fact I see more picks then TD's, so many people have them in the playoffs, I think those people are high. However, they will win this game, against well Miami is really bad. Jets win 21-10

well there you have it. Week one picks, lets see how I do. I am sure not very well, at least on the scores. But maybe I can pick most of the teams winning right, but no changing, they are here written down, so either I can tell you I told you so, or everyone else can tell me. I am just happy the NFL in back. If I can find them, me and my old room mate Rob did some NFL "put it on the board" out there predictions one night when we were at the bar, if I can find that piece of paper, I will write those on here tomorrow as well, so we can keep track of how I am doing with those. OK, now everyone tell me how stupid I am with my week one picks, ready go. I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: