Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Eli your free pass is over

Eli Manning today signed a extension worth almost 100 million dollars. Making him the highest paid player in the NFL, if all of the incentives kick in. Look, taking away all of that for a second, even if he isn't the highest paid, even if he is just in the top 3 or 5, that is crazy to me. I love the Giants, and since he did win a super bowl as their starting qb I like him and support him. Though I was really mad when they traded for him, I thought they gave up way too much, since he won a ring for my G-men, I looked past it. Well guess what? Not anymore. No more free passes for Eli. Now I don't just want a guy who doesn't throw a lot of picks, or can get us to the playoffs, I want a guy who leads us to championships, who throws 35-40 td's a year. I am worried for anyone around me during any Giants game this year, or for the next 6 for that matter, because I will most likely go crazy over every mistake he makes. Sure he is going to make some mistakes, of course, he is human after all, but I expect him to play like a top level qb, no more will I be happy with him being a top 10-15 qb, NO, I know expect him to play like a top 3 qb, one of the best in the NFL. Why? Because he is getting paid like it. Time to step it up Eli, I'll be waiting, I hope you are ready. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: