Thursday, August 20, 2009

It doesn't seem right to me

I will start this by saying I have always liked Plaxico Burress a lot. It started when he went to MSU. I like MSU and use to go to at least one home football game their a year, until I went to CMU in the fall of 01. so I followed his career and I don't mind the Steelers so I wished him well there, and then he signed with my NY Giants. I was pumped, and got a Burress Giants jersey soon after. He had some very nice years for my G-men, including catching the game wining catch in a super bowl, how long ago does that seem now. After going to a night club with a gun in his pants, and accidentally shooting himself, he was gone for the rest of last year, leaving me to think what if, since the Giants were playing great up until that point, and never were the same after it. But now he has much bigger problems as it was announced today that he will be getting two years in jail. He took a deal since the least he could have gotten if the case went to court was three and a half years. With good behavior he will be out in 20 months but still, this seems like the punishment doesn't fit the crime at all. Was it stupid, yes of course it was, would I be ok with him being suspended for the entire 09 NFL season, yes, but two years in jail for basically shooting yourself is way too much. Isn't it enough punishment to shoot yourself? This is made worse considering the timing. Donte Stallworth just got 30 days in jail for DUI manslaughter. He was driving well over the legal limit and hit someone, and that person sadly passed away. 30 days in jail for basically killing someone. I am not going to pretend like I never drove when I maybe it wasn't the best idea, but I was never that bad, and I have never come close to hitting anyone, and if by any chance I ever did I would deserve a much harsher plenty then 30 days in jail, and I think I would get one. I don't understand why not having a license to carry a gun that goes off, and hits you, and only you, is two years, but driving drunk and killing someone is 30 days. Someone please explain that to me if you can. What Plax did was stupid, I am not defending him, his NFL days should be over, that's fine, but just think how much crap he is going to get in prison, the dude shot himself, hasn't he suffered enough? I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: