Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fantasy Football Preview ( a tuesday top ten)

With it being Tuesday, and my first fantasy draft coming up on Thursday, then another Friday, then another next Saturday, and the last on September 6th, and I haven't done a fantasy football preview yet, why not combined the two. So here it goes. Just to add, for those who didn't read the preview last year, there will be bias to guys that I will admit that I like a lot, and also, since I am a Giants fan, again there will be NO Cowboys or Eagles in the top ten at any spot.. I will not do it. sorry. Also, I will not be doing Kickers or Defenses, you can figure that out for yourself.


Top ten RB:

1) Adrian Peterson- LDT's run is over, even I, who likes LDT a lot, will admit Peterson is the clear cut number one, I don't even think it is that close anymore.

2) Maurice Jones-Drew- He is getting a lot of love in fantasy things that I have read so far, here is why I like him for most leagues, he also catches passes and is a legitimate duel threat.

3) Brandon Jacobs- Yes this is my first really big bias pick, since he is a Giant, but he is also a tank and a touchdown machine. Of course he is not a top 5 back, but he is a top 10-15.

4) Burner Turner- MAC love, I like to see guys from the conference do well, and he is very good, and had a great year. I am not totally buying the ATL, I just feel people are sipping a little too much koolaid, but he is a top 5 pick, no question

5) DeAngelo Williams- Again, here is someone getting a whole lot of love in fantasy reports, yeah he had a big year last year, but I still don't know if this season will be even close. Sure he is going to be good, but I think Stewart will get more carries this year, and Williams will have a good year, but not a great year.

6) Frank Gore- I like Gore, but I am worried about the team he plays on, still a top ten pick for sure,

7) Matt Forte- I have seen him high on a lot of boards. I like him, and think he is also a top ten lock in all drafts, but maybe, just maybe with Cutler there now, maybe he doesn't get to run as much.... or I guess maybe there is less guys in the box because of Culter's arm and he has a better year, Um...

8) Chris Johnson- I like Johnson better then some, but I think everyone will agree he is in that 10-15 range at worse

9) Steve Slaton- I have waited quietly to buy the Texans, they have some nice pieces and I think they will be a much better team... maybe even a wild card team, Slaton should have a nice year.

10) Steven Jackson- Like Gore the team that he is on scares me, talent wise though, he needs to be in the top ten.

Top ten WR:

1) Larry Fitzgerald- One of the two great WR that I had last year that lead me to the number one seed all year, and to the title game in both of my pay leagues. Should have another great year.

2) Andre Johnson- He was the other great WR I had on those teams, yeah I know, sick, and I think he will have a better year, he missed some time, as did his qb, so as long as Slaton, Matt, and Andre doesn't get hurt, I see a big year for those 3. I have maid known about my man crush on Andre Johnson, I will do all I can to get him back in the one league that I can't keep him, one league is a keeper league where you can keep up to 4, the other is also a keeper league but you can't keep anyone you draft in the 1st 3 rounds.

3) Randy Moss- Brady is back, Moss should have a great year

4) Steve Smith- I like Smith this year, I think he will have a good year.

5) Calvin Johnson- Such an athletic freak, we will see who is throwing to him, but it will not matter, he will put up good numbers either way.

6) Reggie Wayne- I have Wayne higher then most, or maybe all, one reason, It's all about the U, but really, I think he will have a very big year, Marvin is gone, he is the man now, no question about it.

7) Anquan Boldin- The Cards other wide out, is damn good in his own right.

8) Roddy White- Again I will mention, I am not as sold on the ATL as some others are, but I still think he will have a good enough year to easily make him a top ten wide out

9) Wes Walker- Again Brady is back, I expect a very big year for the Pats

10) Marques Colston- Gets the nod over Bowe and Marhsall because he has a much better qb throwing to him... and no I don't think Matt Cassel is going to be the guy to turn it around in KC.

Note: Greg Jennings is a top ten lock as well, but he went to western michigan, so I couldn't put him on the list... also... he is a cowboy so I didn't put him on, but I really do think that Roy Williams with T.O. gone will have a very big year as their number one wr.

Top ten QB:

1) Tom Brady- I have said this before, I except a big big year from him

2) Drew Brees- Can't go wrong with him

3) Peyton Manning- He is still a top 3 qb, and will have a great year

4) Kurt Warner- How can he not have a good year, look at his WR

5) Phillip Rivers- Maybe a little high, maybe a little wishful thinking, I kept him in one of my keeper leagues ( I drafted him in the 10th round last year, and must give up a 9th round pick to keep him) but I do think he will have a good year, and did throw for the most TD's last year, as well as the most yards.

6) Matt Schaub- Again, this is not news, I am on the record saying how good I think the Texans offense will be, if they don't get hurt

7) Aaron Rodgers- Not crazy about him, but I guess he is a top ten qb lock

8) Big Ben- Might not have the best numbers, but he just wins, and doesn't turn the ball over

9) Matt Ryan- Again, I am not sold on the ATL as much as others, but he should still be ok

10) Carson Palmer- Has all the makings of being a later round qb that gets the same type of numbers as those drafted many many rounds before him.

Top ten TE:

1) Antonio Gates- This should not be a surprise to anyone

2) Dallas Clark- nor should this

3) Tony G- Going over to ATL, should help Ryan and co, and his numbers

4) Chris Cooley- He is in the Giants division but I don't mind him too much

5) Greg Olsen- I drafted him too high a few years ago, hoping for good things, It's all about the U, as you should know by now, this year, hopefully he will have a nice year.

6) Kellen Winslow- It is all about the U, plus he's a F*cking shoulder.

7) Owen Daniels- Again Texans should have a good year offensively, and I think Daniels will as well

8) Heath Miller- A great value pick later on if you miss out on the first 3 or 4 TE

9) John Carlson- Matt should be back, and the Seahawks will have a better year, I mean they have to, don't they

10) Kevin Boss- Ok, so he isn't a top ten TE, but he is on my G-men and I will show him love. Plus, I do think he will have a better year, and catch more TD's with Burress and Toomer gone.



OK, there it is, again Kickers and Defense get them the last two rounds, and be happy with it. I am looking forward hearing how dumb I am, just remember no Cowboys or Eagles, I know about them, so don't even mention them.

Again, like last year, I will leave you with my top ten fantasy football rules:

1) Have fun
2) Be prepared for the draft
3) Have some sleepers in mind
4) Talk a lot of crap
5) know the bye weeks going in.. but also don't be afraid to get a stacked team, if it means loosing one week, cause of byes
6) No Cowboys
7) No Eagles
8) Again, Talk smack.. it needs to be mentioned twice
9) Check your team at least once a week
10) You are in it to win it... again, have fun, but why do it, if you don't want to win.. and don't try as hard as you can to win. I'm right, you're wrong

No comments: