Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Top Ten (Aug 18)

Due to what happened today my top ten list is easy. Top ten guys who didn't know when to walk away, and stay away.


1) Brett Farve- Really Brett, come on. Please, just go away, no one player has done more to hurt their career in the last few years then him.

2) Gordie Howe- We all love Mr Hockey but he played for the Detroit Vipers, for a sift, in like 99, just to keep a decade streak going.

3) Roger Clemons- Like Farve they should look up the word retired, and find out what it means. I am glad he has actually kind of gone away this year, thanks steroids

4) Emmitt Smith- The Cards, yeah, that's how I remember him.

5) Jerry Rice- As much as I like Rice, the Raiders, and Seahawks, come on Jerry.

6) Michael Jordan- He had the picture perfect end to his career as the greatest basketball player ever, and then he came back as a wizard. The first retirement I will give him a pass on, he wanted to try baseball, it didn't work, he came back and won 3 more times, the second time.. not so much.

7) John Unitis- One of the greatest QB's of all time didn't end his career with the Colts like he should. He was a Charger.

8) John Riggins- Had so many great years in Wash, won super bowls, and then ended his career as a Jet.

9) John Smoltz- Would be nice if he retired a Brave.. and you know what.. he still may, just after a few stops in between first. John, really, walk away.

10) Rickey Henderson- He was the self promoted greatest of all time, but he also stuck around way too long.



there are way more, I'm sure I forgot a lot, so let me know, who you think should be on the list. I know there are plenty more baseball guys who hung on at the end. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: