Thursday, August 13, 2009

No sweep

Well thanks to a great pitching performance by Justin Verlander the Tigers didn't get swept in their 4 games series with the Red SOx. Justin went 8 strong and gave up only 4 hits and one walk, with 8 Ks. This is why us Tiger fans have hope, because if we can just get anything from our offense, the way Verlander and Jackson has been pitcher we will be tougher to beat then people think in a playoff series, of course we need to get their first. The White Sox are only 2 and a half back. But we have plenty of games left against them, and the Twins, so we control our fate.

I was pissed tonight since the Internet wasn't working for a long time, and thus I missed my yahoo public fantasy draft. This isn't a big deal to me, except it is my first draft, before I have one tomorrow, one next Saturday and one the 6th, so I really was going to use it as practice. But I will be fine. I am not too worried, I ended up with a damn good team considering I missed the draft, so I am happy with that.

I am also very much looking forward to Friday, which is now, technically today. We will be going to Grand Rapids, where I will spend some time with my Grandma and Uncle, as well as my parents, and sister and brother in law, then Friday night I will have a fantasy draft with my best friends, we call ourselves the big 5, then we will be playing poker with a few other guys as well. Saturday we are going to play a quick 9 holes of golf, and then play some basketball. I am very much looking forward to all of this. Then from 4-7 we are having a picnic to celebrate me and steph's weddding, 7 months ago, in Hawaii. It will be a nice time, and the group of us will be staying WAY past 7 to hang out and drink and have some fun. My best friend Scott is coming in from DC, so I am pumped to see him, since the 5 of us rarely are all together anymore.. growing up will do that to you, you get busy. Speaking of busy, a lot of people that I wish could make it will not be making it. I have gone back and forth on this, there has been times where I have really been upset about it, since we had a Hawaii wedding and thus just my parents and sister and brother in law went I look at this picnic as a reception type deal, meaning, if you would go to my wedding, you should go to this. However, I do understand that people are busy, and have a lot going on. Also I know that any date I pick people would not be able to make it. Some of the people have very good excuses of why they can't make it, and others, well, I guess I am not as important to them, as I would have hoped. Oh well, it is going to be fun anyway, it is going to be a great weekend. I am going to bed, cause I can't wait to wake up and start the day.


I know Mike Vick just signed with the Eagles but really I don't care, and have nothing to say about it.. yet. It will be interesting.. I was upset, since I wanted him on the Browns... just so he could join the dog pound... come on.. that's funny. Anyway, everyone deserves a second chance, and I hope it works out for him, as long as he never plays well against my Giants. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: